PDA

View Full Version : Extractum Astragalus

dfedorko@mindspring.com
10-18-2002, 05:58 AM
Does anyone take Extractum Astragalus? How do you feel since taking it? Any observations? Just curious.

Jack Squat
10-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Astragalus (huang qi) is classified as a herb that tonifies qi. It has many functions, including tonifying the qi of the Spleen, Stomach, Lung (especially good to build wei qi-the defensive qi of the body that circulates just under the skin and is produced by the Lung). In addition, minor qualities of the herb include that it can tonify qi and blood, promote the discharge of pus, and promote urination.

I take it quite regularly and I feel it is indespensible for any serious martial artist. You won't get a jolt (like from caffiene), so you can (and should) take it for a long period of time. Huang qi is mild and shouldn't develop any unwanted heat signs in the body. It's great to combine it with ginseng (ren shen) or even dang shen.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Stacey
10-18-2002, 02:40 PM
the astrogalus aids in the wei chi for the iron body internal medecine

www.8step.com look at "master's secret"

dfedorko@mindspring.com
10-19-2002, 10:03 AM
Thank you so much for your responses. It is appreciated very much. Thank you again.

Kaga
10-30-2002, 07:42 AM
hey guys, after reading your posts about haung chi, i decided to try it out. I went to my local chinese herbalist yesterday and after about a half hour of trying to communicate with him i finally found it....i hope. He charged me 2bux for one ounce and basically its these dirty white flat stick, almost like reeds. Did I get the right stuff? Also, what is the method of consumption for these? Thanks for the help :)

dfedorko@mindspring.com
11-20-2002, 07:14 AM
The Astragalus comes in a package of ten vials. They come in a nice yellow box with a straw. I take one a day and that seems to do the trick. Hope this helps.

pvwingchun
11-21-2002, 08:55 AM
Kaga

basically its these dirty white flat stick, almost like reeds

That is the stuff. I drop a few sticks into my tea pot in the morning with one piece of ginseng and drink on it all day. I haven't weighed it so the dosage is probably a little low. The text I have "Chinese /English Manual of Common Used in TCM calls for 9-15 grams a day decocted but up to 60 grams can be taken.

I generally pay .05 cents a gram, and there are about 28 grams per ounce so that is about right.