PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

mantis108
10-18-2002, 11:30 AM
I come to realize that there might be certain confusion regarding some terminologies that are being used. So I would like to clarify them. As least in the way I would use them.

1) Cresent Kicks - they are often called Lotus kicks. These are high kicks. It can be done inside to outside or vice verse. The inside cresent is sometime known as Hanging face Kick for it target the face/head.

2) Hurricane Kicks - Kind of cresent kick with a leap. Usually, it starts and ends in a horse stance. The move resembles the whirl wind so it is thus named.

3) Tornado kick - It starts off lying on your back and perform cresent kick. So it's like a cresent kick on the ground. It can be used a mean to get up like the centipede leap (flip up). The name came from the way it resemble a tornado or twister. Some styles call it "Wu Long Jiao Chu" (black dragon twisting the pole). It can also be just to flip onto your belly and perform other ground move.

4) Centipede leap - It starts off lying on your back and flip up.

These are basic kicks and leap in the fundamental training that most northern styles would have. Sometime the terms Hurricane and Tornado are mixed up. So for the record, I post this clarification.

Mantis108

BeiTangLang
10-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your post..

What forms do you have that have an example of these? (Not a full listing of course, just examples) Thanks for your input!
~BTL

mantis108
10-18-2002, 12:44 PM
You are most welcome. :)

Jeet Kuen has a few Hurricane kicks.

Dei Tanglang (ground Mantis) and Drunken Lohan has more of these moves as well as rolling.

Hope this help.

Mantis108