PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain..

icebear
10-19-2002, 02:17 AM
At training a week ago I did some hard forward rolls, and also got my arm jerked by some guy. Now I have problems sleeping on my shoulder and also some pain during the day. I have not had much sportsrelated pain/injuries so I am not sure what to do. Can I keep up the training, but try to go easy on the arm? I hasn't got any better (or worse) since it happened.

No_Know
10-19-2002, 05:22 AM
Have someone shake it while pulling it slowly. This might uncontract so intensly, the muscles that were traumatized. Also helps the shoulder to settle into place.

Continued training without doing like I said, might become more painful at least.

Please note that you have likely not met me face to face. And that I am merely saying stuff to your eyes. The truth, significance or reality of What has been said should be evident to any who know. Like other verifiable information that is from a questionable source find people who Would Know and ask ( oerhaps that what you were doing by posting). You could verify by trying out the say. If you feel better, then perhaps the information could be considered relevant and quality enough.

Chairopractors are some of the best authorities to verify information like what I said about moving the arm while pulling it then letting it slowly go back into the socket. Gentle , other than quick.

Mr. Bao
10-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Ice Bear:

I am going to give you some advice based on my personal experience with my clients and what i learned in school. I have used this to repair myself.

First you have to ice your shoulder. Don't use any heat treatment yet. Any heating treatment down would cause some more pain because that would increase blood circulation and inflamation. The Key is to keep swelling down. Buy a reusuable ice pack which you can store at home at work even at school perhaps. This will help keep the inflamation down.

You want to elevated your bum shoulder. Meaning sleeping on your good side and keeping your injuried shoulder/arm up. Place a pillow or a soft object in between your arm pit of your bad side. and a pillow between your legs that should help keep the inflamation down and keep good circulation flowing.

Do not let someone jerk your bum shoulder around that is a no no!!!!!!!! You have tears in your shoulder already. Violently and even forcefully moving your bum shoulder some more would mean tearing more shoulder tissue and causing more pain and more swelling and decreasing the healing process. Instead do some gradual and progressive AI or PNF stretches to increase your range of motion daily.

Take one advil in the morning and one before bed for about two weeks and no more. This will help ease the pain and keep the swelling down.

You might to take glocosamine/chondroitin/msn combined supplements which promotes health and flecible joints. It works and you recommend you try it now.

If you have eastern mind of things. Dip your bandages in (authentic) DIt Da Jow and lightly wrapped it around your bum shoulder.

Good luck

Bao

Mr. Bao
10-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Icebear:

I almost forgot to tell you that you should lay off training a bit. Your shoulder needs time to recover and its a ***** I know. But remember if you do exercise lightly, pls. ice your shoulder for 10min after your workout.

You can also get some Tui Na traditional chinese massage which is awesome if you have a skilled Tui Na massage therapist. TRy to look around within a chinese community for a good Tui Na center, make sure it is good and not a tug and rub place.

You might want to put on an arm cling to keep your pressure off your shoulder. After two to three weeks if you followed my advice you should be okay. Pls, keep me posted.

Bao

Cyborg
10-20-2002, 09:10 PM
You may have developed a trigger point which is causing the aggravation. I got a great book for $15 by Clair Davies about that and how to work on it yourself. I highly recommend it. You may also find acupuncture helpful.

Good luck. Take care of it now, don't let it get worse.