PDA

View Full Version : Pei Mei authorship of text

EAZ
11-05-2001, 04:05 PM
Hello,

I have a text, written in the 1930s (so I was told by the style of writting) in Chinese, which I had translated in French. It is a printed document, not hand written, with pictures. In total about 60 pages in tightly written characters of a Chi Kung technique, 60% similar to one I was taught a while back.

It is entitled "Extraordiary techniques from Bai Mei tradition", subtitled "Internal Kong Fu of Song Shan (Shaolin I believe)Mountain Tradition."

On the second title page is written: "Method for cultivation of life and Bai Mei Chi Kong", and further "A marvelous method of exercices utilising Chi, that repels sickness and heals wounds" and furhter still "For a strong and vigourous body for both young and old"

It is prefaced by a man called "Ou Shenchu"; no detail sare given.

The corps text itself is written y a certain "JIE DI" (please withstand the temptation...) of mount Emei in Sichuan Province. Apparently of rich and noble birth, this man studied Buddhism at "the" Temple on said mointain and became a well known person (so the text says). In the 12th year of the Republic, he travelled to Hong Kong where he met the man who prefaces the book. Before leaving the Mountain, he was granted by a certain HONG FA an important status of representing the Temple notably on a short trip to Japan during the Great Assembly of Asian Bouddhism. He made many trips between HK and GUangdong as well.

He eventually became head of the temple called "Nengren" (power/vertue) of the White Cloud mountains (Baiyun Shan). On the day he left for this temple, after demonstrating technic to many people, he asked the man who prefaces the book to transmit to the public the Nei Kung technic (which comprises the next 60 pages or so).

The book is also called "Method of Nei Kong of the Golden Shirt" and is based on "the Mysterious Precepts of Buddhic Law".

The text was written "in the year Ding Mao of the 5th moon".

My question is: does anybody have a clue regarding the relevance with Pak Mei Kong Fu, or any knowledge of the persons cited within the text?

I am not certain that this necessarily has a link with Pak Mei Kung Fu, and that maybe it's a coincidence the name Pak Mei......

EAZ
11-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Only a handful of people to view my post and none to comment on it.

Have I commited a faux pas" on this group or what?

sanjia
11-05-2001, 07:11 PM
If I knew anything about it I would comment. The only thing I know about Pak Mei relative to Chi Kung is that my teacher says to me that when performed slowly and correctly with the breathing the sets are Chi Kung.

Mark

fiercest tiger
11-05-2001, 11:51 PM
Can i get a copy some how? ;)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Yum Cha
11-06-2001, 02:05 AM
You haven't given me enough information to comment. History and names are interesting, but the techniques, or practice would be more informative.

Any mention of 46 breaths? Sounds interesting...

If you want to share it, send me a copy and I'll run it past Sifu. FT and I can work on it together. (ok FT?) Fax, pdf, post, you name it.

BTW, nice start on the website. Where did you get that pic of Pak Mei?

fiercest tiger
11-06-2001, 03:20 AM
har gou and fung jow next week?

later :)

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Yum Cha
11-06-2001, 04:00 AM
Accepted! Bring that seppo Todei with you too. Anybody else want to join us?

Where and when?

sui-fuw
11-06-2001, 04:37 AM
hi men,you need a translater?

eaz,this script where did you get it from?was it from one of clc sons?i heard that the son only would pass these sensative artifacts to the next generations? are you of cheung derivative? :)

fiercest tiger
11-06-2001, 05:40 AM
aight, next week!

seppo who you calling a seppo? :p

thats like the pot calling the kettle black, a you a fully fledged yobbo..lol :)

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

EAZ
11-06-2001, 11:31 AM
I have also been told by my teacher that forms done slowly are Chi Kung. There are so many training movements that are clearly designed this way...

Genealogy soon to be posted on naissant web site. For info, lineage is CLC - Tang Hué Bac (chinese of Cholon, Saigon 1902-1956 exact dates to be confirmed) - Lu Ping Woon - Nam Anh - myself.

Source of document:
On the death of Lu Ping Woon 4 years ago, Nam Anh received on the part of son deceased all documents pertaining to Pei Mei. Nam Anh asked me to sort them out for him.

This text is part of the "miscelaneous" pile as its origin is unknown. I am not even certain it belongs to Pei Mei Kung Fu...

Picture of Founder amongst said belongings.

Yum Cha: thank you for kind comments concerning embryonic web site.

Yum Cha and FT: Thank you for your offer. Is my undersqtnading correct that one of you is Guangdong lineage, the other YKM, and that you both live in Sydney Australia? I will look into it and get back to you privately.

Once again, I posted this message not to talk of technics in document. I only wish to ascertain veracity of persons mentioned in text.

EAZ
11-06-2001, 06:53 PM
Noone has heard of:

Hong Fa
Jie Di
Ou Shenshu

with regards to Pak Mei practice?

Ginger Fist
11-06-2001, 07:26 PM
susie-foo says --- hi men,

ohhh my, how polite u r p)ussy hakka boy when u want something, like ... the taste of some real knowledge :p

--- you need a translater?

y would they need u to translate from truth to lies & myths? :p

--- eaz,this script where did you get it from?

y don' u tell us all about the schools u closed down susie-foo? so many ?s from 1 who provides no information. u should know that the answer is a secret. ;)

--- was it from one of clc sons?

still more ?s susie-foo? so about the schools u closed down ... :rolleyes:

--- i heard that the son only would pass these sensative artifacts to the next generations?

& i heard that u r a know nothing honey pot hauler
who is always searching, never finding :D

--- are you of cheung derivative?

who r u susie-foo? tell us so that we can all acknowledge ur need & right to know the answers to ur ?s :D :D :D

LiLong
11-07-2001, 01:43 AM
EAZ this sounds very interesting... I am investigating some alternative routes of Pak Mei and would love to to get a copy of your text in either chinese or french... Are there any mentions to the 13 Treasures? This is a Quigong technique in my system of white eybrow. Write some more info on the techniques and we can compare and contrast.

Yum Cha
11-07-2001, 01:45 AM
About your document -
We have two Pak Mei Sifu in Sydney, my Sifu from Guangzhou, and Chau Phu from Vietnam.

Do tell, what other artifacts were there? Those that you can discuss, that is...

Might make for some interesting content on your website. I've seen some great pix of the old boys training in Vietnam. There is a link to a vietnamese site on mine.

EAZ
11-07-2001, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yum Cha:
About your document -
Do tell, what other artifacts were there? Those that you can discuss, that is...

Might make for some interesting content on your website. I've seen some great pix of the old boys training in Vietnam. There is a link to a vietnamese site on mine.[/quote]

It is always a pleasure to meet nice people, especially who practice Pak Mei, even when they live so close to Antartica in the middle of no where :-); Even others who practice things that look feel and tast like Pak Mei as least from where I'm standing (I'm talking about YKM which I know little about).

Yes, there are lots of pictures, as well texts, but these must stay private unless I want to be thunderbolted in the ensuing seconds. They deal with issues that some Bak Mei practicioners here have brought up in vague terms such as chasing the empty, of the FT comment I beleive on the "Fire" principle.

it is wise to keep these discussions for the day I finally fly to your big island and we sit down and discuss things...ahhh I dream. Anyways I do not even understand most of the cryptic texts. And it is certainly not my sifu who will explain them to me in a straightward fashion. Ahhh sigh, again. So I agree with your remarks pertaining to speed of learning etc. Must transcend language through living symbolic system that is traditional "orthodox" as we say martial arts, in order to attain our goal.

I will be "out and about" for the next 3 days so please do not be annoyed if I do not post replies during this time.

tnwingtsun
11-08-2001, 12:51 AM
I would be very inerested in seeing a copy and having it translated by my Sifu Dr.YQ Wong
(6thgen Bai Mei).

Could you send me a copy(the chinese on) to me
at bohica_5@hotmail.com

This sounds like a special document.

Yum Cha
11-08-2001, 02:29 AM
Suffice to say, it seem to have attracted everybody's attention.

It is perhaps a document relating to "Golden Bell", or "Iron Shirt" Chi Gung, Golden Shirt seems close enough.

This is a type of Shaolin Chi Gung developed to protect the body from attacks.

There are ways to break it though, as most Pak Mei practitioner would have learned...please don't make me spell it out, just nod... ;)

Yum Cha
11-08-2001, 03:36 AM
While we're talking about translations, can any of you scholars help me with a few?

Faht Geng (ging?) (here's that word again;) )
Hoi - Hap
Ton - Tou
Chum - Fau

Sorry for the spelling, SM probably can set me straight...

strangecaptain
11-08-2001, 05:59 PM
I showed my teacher your post. I take most things I see anywhere about kung fu with a grain of salt (no offense intended to anyone, you guys know all about caution and open minded skepticism), but your post about this manuscript caught my eye because it comes from the correct region. My teacher read your post and said he has a printed version of this text. He says it is not directly linked to the White Eyebrow system. Sichuan Province is after all a big place, and Mt. Ngor Mei is a big mountain. There are hundreds of temples in this area. My teacher says that the chi kung described in this manuscript is more related to the paradigm behind Tibetan meditation. It works faster but is more dangerous if practiced incorrectly. I hope this helps in some way. Thank you.

eightgates
11-09-2001, 04:01 PM
Hi Yum Cha,

Using the Yale romanization method:

Faat Gihng - Issue Strength
Hoi / Hahp - Open / Close
Tan / Tou - Swallow / Spit
Chahm / Fauh - Sink / Float

Best wishes :)

EAZ
11-09-2001, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by strangecaptain:
I showed my teacher your post. I take most things I see anywhere about kung fu with a grain of salt (no offense intended to anyone, you guys know all about caution and open minded skepticism), but your post about this manuscript caught my eye because it comes from the correct region. My teacher read your post and said he has a printed version of this text. He says it is not directly linked to the White Eyebrow system. My teacher says that the chi kung described in this manuscript is more related to the paradigm behind Tibetan meditation. It works faster but is more dangerous if practiced incorrectly. I hope this helps in some way. Thank you.[/quote]

Thank you for your post and taking the time to answer my questions. It is as I thought: this text is probably not Pei Mei origin.

My regards to your sifu.

I went to Chatanooga 5 years ago to visit your school and was treated very kindly by all.

(Tell him it's the tall guy from Paris / Montréal, maybe there's a chance he'll remember.)

Yum Cha
11-11-2001, 03:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eightgates:
Using the Yale romanization method:

Faat Gihng - Issue Strength
Hoi / Hahp - Open / Close
Tan / Tou - Swallow / Spit
Chahm / Fauh - Sink / Float

Best wishes :)[/quote]

Thanks 8,
more interesting than;
Big Power