PDA

View Full Version : Question for the CLF people

Hai_To
10-19-2002, 03:23 PM
I have a question for the Choy Li Fut practitioners out there. A friend of mine is searching for a new school and he took a look at Sifu Chan Kam Fai's school (http://www.americanhungsingkwoon.com/). I don't know anything about the man (outside of what's on his website), but my friend was very favorably impressed. I was wondering what his reputation was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

extrajoseph
10-21-2002, 12:03 AM
His teacher Tsui Kwon Yuen, is pushing in the background to have Cheong Yim recognized as the founding father of Choy Lee Fut instead of Chan Heung, thus creating a lot of contraversy and hisharmony within the CLF family. What a shame.

:mad:

Fu-Pow
10-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Joseph-

Stop trolling dude. Nobody wants to talk about that crap anymore.

Hai_To
10-21-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm not interested in any internal CLF politics nor am I looking to start a war. I would just like to know if he is a good teacher. Like I said my friend was very favorably impressed.

SETANSI
10-21-2002, 12:46 PM
X JOE - PLEASE:o

FU POW- AMEN:cool:

yik-wah-tik
10-21-2002, 01:47 PM
poor joseph,

i told you some time ago about what was going to happen. the truth will be told as i have been saying since i came on to this forum.

hmm, maybe i know more than i have been letting on!

viva la truth
frank

extrajoseph
10-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Fu Pow,

That is fair enough, if no one wants to talk about it then it would became a dead thread like the one you asked about penglujian.

Hai_To,

As in all things we do, how we think affects how we move, myself included. Interesting to note that there is no direct response to your question so far, you just have to go and see the guy and make up your own mind. I have seen his teacher in action but I would like to keep my opinion to myself because my judgement was propbably affected by what I thought of the guy.

SETANSI,

Have a nice trip to KL, there is a lot going on behind the scene than we realized. Let us know how it went when you get back.

extrajoseph
10-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Frank,

There is no need to talk me about your truth, we knew it already, just give us some proof. Did you not hear from Fu Pow? No one wants to talk about this crap any more. Are you trying to prove him wrong?

JX

Fu-Pow
10-21-2002, 04:48 PM
That is fair enough, if no one wants to talk about it then it would became a dead thread like the one you asked about penglujian.

Joseph X, what do you gain by insulting me? There is an old Chinese saying "Make 1000 friends and not 1 enemy." I adhere to this philosophy and my policy on this forum reflects this. If you don't remember what my policy is please read it below my sig file.

It appears that you are trying to stir up trouble again by making political statements in response to Hai To's purely factual question. If you and Sifu Frank want to get into a heated debate on issues that really have little to do with anything with the "practical" art of CLF then please let me know that now. I'll simply add you to my "ignore list" so as not to become embroiled in your infantile crap again.

BTW, I'm curious Joseph X who your Sifu is. Everyone on this board has been pretty forthcoming on this board about where there knowledge of CLF comes from....with the exception of you. While I don't doubt your knowledge of CLF (as you have given very detailed info on technical questions) , I doubt that you would be so willing to badmouth other CLF practitioners if there was a consequence of it reflecting badly on your Sifu or your lineage.

yutyeesam
10-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Fu-pow,
I'm trying to read between the lines, I don't think Joe X's intent was to insult you. I think what he was saying is that if no one wants to talk about it, then no one will post replies.

I think he was comparing that to a thread you started, that unfortunately didn't get much resonse (which is too bad, b/c it is an awesome topic. I wish there was more info out there on internal CLF. I once started a thread on internal CLF, and it got like no responses).

Shanti, all.

T. Cunningham
10-21-2002, 10:56 PM
In my opinion, it would be in poor taste and potentially inflamatory for anyone to render an opinion on a public forum about an instructor. Your friend will have to do what we all have done. Learn by experience.

Regards,

T. Cunningham

extrajoseph
10-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi 123,

Thanks for the clarafication, I could not have said it better.

JX

anton
10-22-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by extrajoseph
Fu Pow,

That implies that the thread is political in the first place. It is not. You are hijacking it and trying to make it political. Desist and there won't be any need for it to die or turn into a flame war. If you want to discuss Kung Fu politics go somewhere else.

extrajoseph
10-22-2002, 05:34 AM
Anton,

That is fair enough, if no one wants to talk about it then it would became a dead thread, political or otherwise.

JX