PDA

View Full Version : Yau Kung Mun 1st place

fiercest tiger
10-19-2002, 11:14 PM
Hello,

Yau Kung Mun student of mine entered a tourney and won both 1st place in empty hand and weapons demo's and 2nd place for a musical demo which he said the other guy was doing flips and sh!t and thats why he was beat..lol He is only 16 yrs old and is very talented.

I think it was a all styles tourney ill ask him. I will be adding pics on my site and stuff soon, plus new clips in technique work shop.

cheers
FT :)

joedoe
10-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Congratulations to you and your student :)

NorthernMantis
10-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Congrats man. lol yau kung mun huh? I always thought you were a hung gar stylist. My bad.:D

fiercest tiger
10-20-2002, 11:12 PM
joedoe,

cheers mate!:)

northern mantis,

hahaha well you were close bro, ykm is really northern mantis. our grandmaster taught wong long ..lol:D

cheers
FT

Bolt
10-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Well, congrats to you and your student ! Kinda like a proud pappa huh? 2nd place to flips and ..stuff. I think I'd blow that off - you know how "martially" effective those flips can be....

fiercest tiger
10-21-2002, 03:44 PM
next time i'll get him flying around on cables! hahahaha

thanks
Garry:)

NorthernMantis
10-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Nice one FT!:D

desertwingchun2
10-21-2002, 10:21 PM
FT - was your student's musical demo to Rage Against the Machine like your weapons vid clip ??? Big props on that clip its the shiznit !!
-David

fiercest tiger
10-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Thanks man for the props, i'll ask my student what he did it too. Lol if it was a ***gy song then he will be punished!!!hahahaah

take it easy mate

FT

TaoBoy
10-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Nice work FT.

BTW - we want more vids from you YKM guys!!

Hurry!! :D

fiercest tiger
10-25-2002, 12:15 AM
I am going to start charging you soon!!hehehe

what type of clips you want? you going to add your clips?

later
Garry

phantom
10-25-2002, 06:58 AM
Cogratulations to you and your student, Fiercest Tiger. You YKM people really need to get us some YKM schools here in the United States. Peace.

fiercest tiger
10-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the props, where do you live in the states?

There are schools but i dont know if they teach the way i teach or they are bigger on lion dancing! I'll let you know when my students open up in n.y soon.

cheers
FT garry:)

TaoBoy
10-27-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by fiercest tiger
I am going to start charging you soon!!hehehe

what type of clips you want? you going to add your clips?

later
Garry

Egad! It was enough of a nightmare getting the site up. Now you want vids? Well, in truth I want them too - but organising your instructor can be difficult sometimes. There's been a lot of talk about it lately. One day! :)

As for what clips I want - sheesh I dunno - some lion dance maybe - partner work - forms - sparring...???

BTW - I've written another article for the November issue of Blitz - take a look and tell me what you think. Did you see the article in the September issue?

Cheers, Adam

fiercest tiger
10-27-2002, 06:23 PM
I'll try and get something up on lion dance and more clips on kung fu training, 2 man exercises etc.

I Still have to see the mantis of yours yet?:)

take care mate
FT

TaoBoy
10-27-2002, 09:59 PM
Get September Blitz and the November issue. It's a start. For videos - I gotta get my video dude organised and then organise the instructors and some students and then we'll have something.

One of these days... :rolleyes:

TaoBoy
10-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Hey Garry!

I'll be in Sydney in late December and again in early January. We should catch up for yum cha and some training.

Cheers,
Adam

fiercest tiger
10-27-2002, 10:41 PM
sounds good bro, hopefully all goes well with my mother she is getting a triple by pass very soon. should be no dramas though, if im not surfing!!:)

how much was the blitz article you did? email me or private message if its too personal!!:)

take care
Garry

sing fu
10-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Fiercest Tiger,

Hope this isn't busting in on a private thread - I've visited your homepage several times, and it's really fantastic to know this quality of system exists in Australia. On a personal level, I'd really like to see some two person paired weapons training as one of the videos, but might this be possible at all?

phantom
10-31-2002, 09:03 AM
Fiercest Tiger, I currently live in the southern section of the United States, but I hope to move to New Jersey some day. When/if I ever do come up with enough money to live there, I will definitely check out the school your students are building in New York. Please do keep me updated about it. I would really appreciate it. Peace. :D

fiercest tiger
10-31-2002, 10:56 PM
sing fu,

Thanks for the kind words mate! Do you mean like 2 man sparring forms or chongs(drills)?

phantom,

It will be a while before they open, im pushing them to train harder and get better , plus i will wanna feel there hands to see if they are up to scratch!!:)

take care guys.

FT:)

sing fu
11-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Fiercest Tiger,

I'm really interested in YKM's staff/staff or chongs/jongs - I figure staff seems pretty unique in each style!

I was especially interested in what you mentioned about chongs with weapons training - Is there much in the way of chongs for weapons?

fiercest tiger
11-01-2002, 03:46 PM
we have a couple of chongs, sticky stick and 7 star pole that is simial to some pak mei pai schools.

The way i teach the staff is when they have finished learning a pole form i get the guys to learn to use the staff for fighting. what i mean by that is the students attck one another with a move and a student has to defend using what they know. In ykm kung fu we dont really attack the stick like some schools , we attck the hands or legs, fet what ever is closest to us. We also hit and slide down the stick to attck the hands holding the staff, this will make the guy drop his staff so we have open session on the guys centerline or other targets that may arise.:)

The way we hold a staff will also depends on the thinkness of the staff too!! In the seven star pole 2 man chong we hold it without wrapping the fingers around the pole, once we make contact we try and slide down to collect his fingers if he hasnt properly holding the stick it hits his fingers and hurt him. This exercise will also teach you to meet centerline or before centrline so you can attack the other guys hands!:)

I may try and put something together on staff for everyone with breakdowns.:) like 7 star pole exercise....;)

take care friend.
FT

sing fu
11-03-2002, 04:49 PM
Fiercest Tiger,

Thank you for such an insightful look into YKM staff. I'd be very interested, if/when an opportunity might arise! Without giving away too much, do the YKM chongs involve strike/block sequences? And might you be able to explain a little about sticking stick?

fiercest tiger
11-03-2002, 05:19 PM
No probs at all, i love to share and talk about my art! :)

In ykm the staff forms arent flash like shaolin wushu, but very basic and to the point. Sticky stick is for learning to control and dominate the other person by using his energy in his pole.

Most strikes are blocks and visa versa!!:)

I will be doing alot of clips in the future on all training things of ykm. email me yaukungmun@hotmail.com and we will chat some more

garry

TaoBoy
11-05-2002, 08:35 PM
You see Garry - it's not just me that wants more vids on your site. Now get cracking man!! :D