PDA

View Full Version : New PM website!!!

ALkungfu
10-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Check out this excellent new website for Yuri Babin's (Shifu Ilya Profatilov's disciple) PM school in Moscow. Please browse the site and post any comments! Thanks.

www.mantisboxing.msk.ru (http://www.mantisboxing.msk.ru)

AL

Ye Gor
10-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Very well made website, one of the best MA websites I've seen.

Comments:
1) the resources page has a bunch of photos of covers of manuals in Chinese. What good is that? I couldn't read them even if I could read Chinese, which I can't (and neither can 95% of the visitors to the website).
2) History of the style had a LOT of stuff written. In very small font. Save my eyes (I like them a lot) and the eyes of others who try to read it - use larger font.
3) Geneology - lots of Chinese characters. Looks cool, but what's it say? Also, for the few names in English that are give, it would be very interesting to know a little more about those people - were they professional bodyguards, MA teachers, kung-fu monks?
4) Forum is a big white sheet. Clicking on "Forum" link switches the menu back to Russian.
5) Links - can the font get any smaller?

OK, a bit critical, but that's what you wanted, right?

TaoBoy
10-22-2002, 05:43 PM
I just want to know why there is an American flag shown to select 'English'....wouldn't the Union Jack be more appropriate?!

Otherwise, neat site.

Stacey
10-22-2002, 06:26 PM
no fair its in Rusky

TaoBoy
10-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
no fair its in Rusky

Um, Stacey, click on the American flag.
(Refer to previous message.)
:rolleyes:

TaiChiStorm
11-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Very good website!!! Especially the photos are nice. Very good layout as well!!
Does anyone know how many students study PM at this school in Russia??

NorthernMantis
11-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Cool website. The pictures on the backgriund on the front page relly gives it a nice nostalgic appeal.

Hey the old school looking fellow on the upper left hand corner caught my eye. Who's that?

The site looks very well done and it's easy to navigate. It was a good job.

Only part I didn't like is that they put wushu instead of wu yi but I'm picky that way. Congrats.

11-05-2002, 10:35 AM
This really is a nice site, bravo. Has anybody trained/met with any of these guys? It looks like they have at least a couple of branches in the States, and in Russia.

Tainan Mantis
11-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Alkungfu,
Any news on when we can buy Ilya's video?

I went to study with Ilya Profatilov in Conn about 6 months ago.

ALkungfu
11-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Hi All,

Taichistorm,

To my knowledge, Yura's Moscow PM school enrolls about 30 adults and 50 plus children.

Northernmantis,

The person on the upper left hand corner is Plum Blossom PM Grandmaster Hao
Henglu (1887-1948).
You can find more pictures of GM Hao Henglu in the photos section.

Tainanmantis,

As far as I know, the video should be available within the next month...it's in the very final stages of production.

Thanks for all the questions and comments guys!

AL

cha kuen
11-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Nice site, keep up the good work.

kung fu webpage (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&)