PDA

View Full Version : I hate erle montaguie

MaFuYee
10-22-2002, 07:16 PM
erle is a charlatan.

his 'dim mac' is the product of smoking bad grass and thumbing through a book on acupuncture.

his 'old style' tai chi is what you get when you smoke bad grass and throw a few chen style moves in to a yang style form.

his tai chi martial applications are what you get when you (yup, you guessed it) smoke bad grass and dream up martial applications.

the moral of the story...

don't smoke bad grass.

jon
10-22-2002, 07:32 PM
So the issue then is obviously with Erles dealer, he should be ashamed of himself.
Imagine what may have become if he had sold Erle 'good grass' instead:(

In all honesty, im no big fan of Erle either, infact im not sure if ive ever really agreed with much the man has said. Infact im fairly sure my personal Yang style practice is about the polar opposite of what he teaches and i certainly dont buy into his many tales... However.
Much as i hate to admit it, these days im happy when ANYONE is willing to practice Tai Chi as a fighting art. I just think of him as another one of the MANY martial arts instructors who basicaly are simply commericaly orientated. Naturaly he will advertise his stuff in a certain way and probarly do quite a lot of exageration along the way. When i buy a used car i dont really expect the guy to be totaly honest about where he bought it and whats its 'really' worth. I dont think of commerical instructors that much differently.
If i wanted to learn my arts from a well known outspoken guy who runs most of his buisness of the internet. Erle would probarly be one of my first ports of call. Unfortunately for him i dont so i guess he will have to get money of one of his many other thousands of students.

Seriously when it comes down to it if you dont like his stuff then dont practice it - works a charm for me.

Quick edit... In all honesty even though i dont really 'agree' with his theorys and writings. I dont really 'dislike' what ive seen of his application or movements. Its not the way i would do it but then im not him. He seems to be able to generate some decent power though and his application work seems reasonably stable. I should proberly shut up now...

dedalus
10-22-2002, 08:18 PM
There's only one person smoking the bad grass on this thread...

jon
10-22-2002, 08:55 PM
"There's only one person smoking the bad grass on this thread"
* Weeeelll errrr ummmm....

Its not me, i swear it man, i mean like, i would never like... you know like, oh man i swear it.
(scurries off to 7/11 for chocolate milk and coppious quantitys of jelly snakes)

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 01:15 AM
well, ma fu yee after viewing your little page i notice that you are the one odviously on drugs, and it looks like they are a lot worse than bed weed.
so what is it again that you have done for the martial arts world that gives you the right to criticize this man.
erle might be a little strange in his views and might say things many might disagree with but carrying on like this only makes you look like the wanker.
vts
ps as for me only the best will do bog's bubblegum, great white shark and super skunk thank you very much(there are a few other strains i like but i'm just to stoned to remember them)

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Just one aside. Erle is teaching a fighting art, but it is NOT taiji.

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 07:48 AM
so yet another opinion walter, like the saying goes 'just like *******s, everybodys got one' but what is yours based upon?
are you the be all and end all authority on this area?
or do you just not like him as well because what he says goes against what you've been told or learnt?
what proof do you have to offer that he is wrong and you are right?
or is the fighting art you say he's teaching his bagua and not his tai chi?
or don't you believe his bagua is that good either?
vts

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 08:06 AM
It is admittedly opinion, as is just about everything you read here.

All of my opinions are based on my experience and thought, how about you? My taiji experience including practice, viewing demonstrations and being taught by actual lineage masters and reading just about anything that catches my eye and common sense and Occam's razor is the specific experience I base my opinion upon in re Erle and taiji.

Do I feel threatened by Erle, or anyone whose opinions vary from mine?
No, how about you?

I make no claims to be the be all end all authority on anything, other than myself. As your cliche in re opinions starts with *******s and ends with "...and they all stink" I can see this discussion is headed to the toilet.

Sorry but I'm not going there with you.

RAF
10-23-2002, 08:09 AM
But that really all we have on this board, is opinions and so there is nothing wrong with that.

For the past 3 years we seem to go through the Erle thing about every 6 months or so.

Everybody has said everything that could possibly be said.

The only thing that has stuck with me is that much of his early historical material and books now seem to contradict what he espouses now, especially his writing stating that Chen Wangting was the founder of taiji [and I'm not going to document this publicly but you can send me an PM for references. Besides, history usually just get shrugged off anyway by everyone.]. But I don't know what he says privately or to students in a seminar or how he reconciles it.

This whole mess envitably leads to major flame wars and no one comes out ahead. Everybody vents and calls each other names and then goes back to what they were doing and actually that is okay. I guess everybody needs to vent.

But then again, that's the nice thing about a free market, you got choice and freedom to express your opinion. My motto for Erle or anyone, including my own teachers is, "let the buyer beware."

kboggess
10-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Walter,

It is well documented that Yang Shao-hou struck first and struck hard in an explosive manner when practicing. Is that not taiji because he didn't neutralize and uproot his opponents? Erle's position is that his power-generating methods shown to him by Chang were taught by Yang Shao-hou.

Mafuyee,
My wife hates Erle too. :)

Keith

dre_doggX
10-23-2002, 08:19 AM
I am going to this summer to visit one of his seminars, I have my postive opinons, but negative nor positive matter tell I witness first hand, He sent me his video of Yang Lu Chan Form, iam almost done with it, but its the Reflex violence book on his site that kinda won me other. even though I am still no in complete agreement with everything he says, but when you try to pratice his stuff, It DOES make more since.

to each his own,

gazza99
10-23-2002, 08:31 AM
I dont think MaFuYee's post even warrants intelligent discussion, objectivity, or even specuation based on anyones part, as this is clearly a troll post.

Walter-You should be Ashamed of youself for contributing to such a mindless post, with such blatent personal attacks.

.....and shame on me for even responding.....

Gary

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Ashamed of myself for expressing my opinion in a forum that is designed for the exchange of such opinions? Say what? I never said Erle couldn't fight, just that what he teaches isn't taiji. Last I checked I'm entitled to express that view.

My view pont was expressely describes as an aside, and was in response to the following comment:

"Much as i hate to admit it, these days im happy when ANYONE is willing to practice Tai Chi as a fighting art."

Nice try, that guilt angle, but I find it doesn't work well on rational adults, especially when engaged in behavior described above.

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 08:53 AM
i'm sorry walter, i just wanted to know where you got your basis for saying this. the a-hole statement was just that and nothing more, why are you taking it so personally? i thought you were one
to not feel threatened.
i must say i do like the justification with the point of being taught by ''actual'' lineage holders. and that means what exactly by the way? i have seen many in my style that were taught by ''actual'' lineage holders and them and their knowledge weren't worth a ****. yet i have seen others taught by supposed nobodys yet fully grasped what they had learnt.
if you don't feel threatened by him then why did you even have to go there in the first place?
it's people who offer up their little thoughts like you did that put this place in the toilet my friend, is this not true? or do you feel that for some reason it is fine for you to have your say but everybody else must remain quiet.( or should i not again forget that you are taught by an actual lineage holder and that you read a lot and that you practice and watch demonstrations - wow they all such original concepts, do you mind if i steal them so i may be as learned as you)

''Do I feel threatened by Erle, or anyone whose opinions vary from mine?
No, how about you?''
again, why did you feel the need to say anything then and well seeing as though i don't and never have trained with erle i would think that his opinions vary quite differently to mine yet i feel no need to come out say what you did.
if you stated your opinion was that it is not taiji that would have been fine and i may have only asked why you think that, but instead you straight out said it isn't, so i thought i might just show how one rude statement can lead to another, do you get it yet? the way the original poster was quite rude about a man he has probably never met, the way i could be rude to you and your ideas without never meeting you.

it is odvious you are a very interlectual man and i'm sorry for being such a stupid fool, as is erle i suppose(how did he ever think he could get away with it, did he not realise that walter the super lawyer would be his undoing), so you may now go back to the land where walter is the be all and end all of his domain.
vts

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Can you say passive aggressive? Again, nice try. :)

Repulsive Monkey
10-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Well sorry but I don't rate Erle either.

patriot
10-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Hey, dre_doggX likes Erle! Doesn't that mean something?

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 09:45 AM
yep, that's me.
see walter, you are a know it all, how did you pick what i am thinking and how i am feeling so easily, geez it must be hard being that clever. a syou can see i'll never know as i spend far to much time being angry and worrying what others think.
the only thing i would like you to answer, but feel you won't, is what would your opinion of erle be if your teacher thought he played taiji well?
would it make a difference? should it make a difference?
not threatened and trained by actual lineage holders, gee i wish i lived over there in laalaa land with you. wow, i'll bet erles probably wishing the same thing right about now.
hey everybody look at me, i'm walter and i'm a lawyer, so i must be smart......and right. keep telling yourself that walter and maybe one day you'll grow up and be all that erle thinks he is.
the funny thing is i'm sure when walter the nobody taiji lawyer with an opinion is dead and long forgoten people will still rember erle and his contributions.
keep em' comin' walt, your opinions are of just to much value to not tell us what the high and mighty thinks about things, by the way how many followers do you have?
or haven't you been able to convince anybody else how right you are about all thing taiji yet. now that i can't believe.
vts

kboggess
10-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Erle offers a different perspective--one that I like. But it is only a perspective/interpretation. It is best to get multiple perspectives of one issue.

I study Erle's methods, I talk with him, and I attend his workshops when possible. I also listen as a Cheng Man Ching stylest instructs me on their push hands methods. I also play around with methods offered on VCDs available in China (old frame Chen and Funei Yang style). When we visit family in China, I study Xing Yi Quan with a national-level ranked wu shu coach.

Erle's views are to the extreme, but that doesn't mean as free-thinking students we should be. In the end, the art should become a part of us. We are a sum total of our experiences.

Disagreements are good...it forces us to ask tough questions...if you're listening.

Keith

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 09:55 AM
and another thing walter, please don't leave me hanging here with those short answers because unlike erle i'm actually here and can talk back...... or is the whole point that he is not, so that make for an easy target.
just another typical nobody, very much like yourself, signing off.
thanx for the laugh
vts
by the way can you say, SUCKER

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 09:57 AM
btw, can you say ignore list?

As I've said before, never wrestle with pigs or argue with idiots. :cool:

gazza99
10-23-2002, 09:58 AM
RE "Nice try, that guilt angle, but I find it doesn't work well on rational adults"

Sorry Walter but in my opinion rational adults debate on the points and do not engage in or participate in perpetuating personal attacks of this nature (thread topic and starting post). Your post may have some merit, and be stated in a non sladerous manner, however Simply offering anything other than contempt for such a trolling post is simply not adult, and leads to the overall denegration of this board.

If I for one want to start a thread calling someone out in one way or another, at least I will not make it personal, and try to present my opinion on their methods or system. That is adult, not simply insulting them, and offering up drug use jokes as proof of that statement.

Once again shame on both of us for taking the bait, if you wish to discuss Erles system or method of doing Taijiquan in a rational and objetive context, I have some good points to bring up for either side, start another thread dicussing taiji principles and defining what is " real"t taiji (since you dont think Erle is doing it), then we can compare different teachers and styles, or email me with your issues, I can probably tell you more so than you already know what Erle is lacking in, and what he has to offer.....

End of discussion on this here....

Regards,
Gary

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Gary,
Points well taken. I'm a bit braoder in my definition of adult behavior, but thats my call for my choices, and another thread for another board. (Taoist or philosophical discussion perhaps, to clarify.)

I didn't think you'd ever make it to my ignore list.
:cool:

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 10:14 AM
''As I've said before, never wrestle with pigs or argue with idiots''
and this coming from a lawyer, well now i have heard it all.
well walty, i hope you savin' the world turns out for the best.
vts

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 10:28 AM
by the way walt, how broad a definition of adult behavior is ................... well i'm right, your an idiot, i'm a know it all, i don't like what your saying say you can go on my ignore list.
don't forget to take your bat and ball mr. grown up.
and seeing as though i'm now on that said ignore list you won't see this:p :p :p :p :p
vts

Waidan
10-23-2002, 11:22 AM
C'mon here people, this thread was started to slam Erle, not Walter. Can't you guys stay on target?

There's nothing wrong with opinions, or even a healthy arguement. But when posts degenerate into personal assaults with little or no bearing on the subject being discussed, it's time to step away from the keyboard and get some kool-aid or something.

Oh and Erle called to tell me you are all wrong and dumb. ;)

Walter Joyce
10-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Waidan,
Thanks, with the ignore on I never would have known I was being slammed. Now i'll be up all night tossing and turning, scared to death of these internet warriors. :D

p.s. I hope Erle wasn't ****ed at me.
;)

gazza99
10-23-2002, 03:03 PM
"I didn't think you'd ever make it to my ignore list."

Hmmm, I dont know if that means im on or off the list? I suppose if you reply im not blacklisted yet!!! No hard feelings I hope, I just like a good productive discussion that isnt titled with a personal attack as this thread is, I hope you'll understand, as I do like sharing info and debating with you!

re Waidan :"when posts degenerate into personal assaults with little or no bearing on the subject being discussed, it's time to step away from the keyboard and get some kool-aid or something"

Thank you for highlighting my point of personal assualts, which is the subject being discussed, so perhaps some kool-aid is needed along with a new thread, perhaps "degeneration of KFO content as a result of blatent personal attacks"- especially when being argued to be "adult" in nature .. Or then again I could just go get some good weed and make up some applications up myself! To each his own...

....and so endeth the rant....

Gary

Waidan
10-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this thread at all. Apart from the intrinsic humor value, I think this thread is completely without merrit. I just don't want to see a bunch of people who normally provide this forum with good insights and information tearing into one another and throwing names on their ignore lists. I prowl this site constantly from work looking for good kungfu conversation (something I don't get a lot of in my workplace) and I'd hate to see a such a valuable resource tainted or diminished. You're wasting time slandering one another when you could be providing me with quality reading material :D

Okay, now I'm being a bit silly, but it's not like this thread was going anywhere anyway :)

NorthernMantis
10-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by gazza99
"I didn't think you'd ever make it to my ignore list."

Hmmm, I dont know if that means im on or off the list? I suppose if you reply im not blacklisted yet!!! No hard feelings I hope, I just like a good productive discussion that isnt titled with a personal attack as this thread is, I hope you'll understand, as I do like sharing info and debating with you!

re Waidan :"when posts degenerate into personal assaults with little or no bearing on the subject being discussed, it's time to step away from the keyboard and get some kool-aid or something"

Thank you for highlighting my point of personal assualts, which is the subject being discussed, so perhaps some kool-aid is needed along with a new thread, perhaps "degeneration of KFO content as a result of blatent personal attacks"- especially when being argued to be "adult" in nature .. Or then again I could just go get some good weed and make up some applications up myself! To each his own...

....and so endeth the rant....

Gary

Actually there is a way that he can still see your post even though you are on the ignore list....through quoting!!
:D :D

jon
10-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Walter Joyce
I really wish i wasnt posting to disagree with you, as im sure ive stated im no fan of Erle either.
Still that being said a couple of the things you are saying are ringing off *large* alarm bells in my mind...

"Erle is teaching a fighting art, but it is NOT taiji."
* This is a dangerous comment for one *very* simple reason, i would only need challenge you to define exactly what Taiji *is*?

There are many styles of Tai Chi and many of them dont conform with what i practice. If i where to lean like a Wu stylist i would lose the vast majority of my kicking skills. If i used to the same powergeneration that Sun style does my stepping would be in contradiction to my fighting mindset.

Again i dont agree with Erle either but i would be very aware of dictating to others what Tai Chi is and is not. Unless of course you can back it all up with references and fact.

When it comes right down to it Tai Chi is just a name and if history had been a *little* different my choosen art would simply be termed Yang family boxing. No reference to Tai Chi what so ever!

dedalus
10-23-2002, 05:15 PM
Threads like this are moot.

If you're interested in what Erle does, you can go ahead and learn from him. If you're not interested in what Erle does, you can spend your time on something else.

The problem most people seem to have with Erle is that they get upset about the opinions expressed in his *writing*. Again I would suggest that you're free to take it or leave it (and that goes for his students, too). Not everyone's a scholar, but most people still feel the need to interpret their experience.

Shadow Dragon
10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Here is my take on Erle and the controversy surrounding him.

Erle like Bruce Lee has done a lot to make knowledge easier accessible for TJQ Students.

Some of his material I enjoy and some I don't, the swame thing can be said for many people.

A few things that Peoples feathers ruffled:
1.) Lots of Erle followers try to defend him and try to fight for him often to a fanatical level.
2.) If he is a good as he says and if what he states to be the truth, why is he not listed in any of the TJQ lineages.
3.) His origins theory and some of his claims are a bit out there and most People would like to see more proof.
4.) Some things he does and sez seem to against peoples idea and understanding of the Internal Martial Arts.
5.) Some his claimed knowledge (Reptilian brain, Dim Mack, etc) are nothing new and can be found in many other Arts.

He is in the limelight and thus will be more scrutinized than other people that do their stuff behind the scenes.

From a personal point, I have read some of his Books and seen some of his Videos. Never met the man as he doesn't come to my neck of the woods.

Regardless if you think he is a good IMA or not, he has skill and knows how to transmit/explain it.

He is also a good Business Person and knows how to market himself.
But than the same could be said for Ashida Kim, George Dilman, Richard Mooney, etc.

In the end if you like what he does, study it but, PLEASE, don't try to make other people belief that he is the new IMA Messiah and the only one that has the true skill/knowledge.

Cheers.

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 07:03 PM
come on guys, you are all just being so childish offering up those thoughtful and non-confrontational posts. why be nice when it is odvously more intelligent to offer up no brainers like 'it ain't taiji' and then back it up with, well i study with actual lineage holders bla bla bla.
you should act more like adults, just take walters lead and i'm sure you'll all do fine.
unfortunately, i don't think i'll ever get it as i am an idiot.
as a quick aside, i would hope that you would all follow my lead and add walter to your buddy lists, i mean how could you miss what this vast pool of knowledge has to say on any topic and to think all these brilliant thoughts come from a man who lists a whole 5 years of internals in his profile.
vts
oh poo, now how do i enter this post again, which button was it.

Stacey
10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
sorry, but

I have to agree with Ma Fu Yee.

Gary has a good base and can handle himself,

but I'll also blame the grass. Erle is good for what he has, and has become very solid in his base of knowlege.

It is just nothing like Tai Chi as I know it. The tai chi I learn is more akin to aikido. More like aikido meets braveheart, with flyfishing finesse.

Who knows...all I can say is that its very incongruent with what I am learning and this comes from a Taiwanese national treasure. I'm no expert myself.

I've also seen other traditional kung fu teacher's tai chi such as chang style and that is also very different.

No pung's being applied as grab, with backfist.

Shadow Dragon
10-23-2002, 07:22 PM
VTS.

Oh, come on.

I enjoy the Erle disciples as much as the Yang Guys telling me that Chen TJQ is not TJQ but PRC propaganda and PRC sponsored.
Plus, that Chen is NOT internal as it has some Shao-Lin roots and Xing Yi origins.
Wait till the Wu-Dang Guys start chiming in that BOTH Yang & Chen are mere shadows of their TJQ as they only teach the first 2 of 12 sets to outsiders.

But than we get the countervoices that Wu-Dang MA is also PRC propaganda and fake like Chen TJQ.

Than we got the full set of Opinions.

Cheers.

vingtsunstudent
10-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Shadow Dragon
what, you want to have some fun then.
well ok
i think tai chi was only created because some fat lazy ******* couldn't learn to do his forms with real speed and power.:p
oh ****, we do ours very slowly in ving tsun too, well i guess there goes that idiotic thought:rolleyes:
vts

CD Lee
10-23-2002, 08:54 PM
dre_doggX

I have read many of your posts lately. I must say in all honesty:

Learn to spell, and do whatever it takes to develop skill and proficiency in the English language. Now, this seems harsh I know, but trust me, you need the skill of making decent money more than you need Tai Chi. You really need to take some extra time and devote learning the English language and it's application. This is not a smash of you or the content of your posts. This is real advice. Sorry if it is on this public forum.

You need to focus on this. Send me a private message if you want more information and reasons.

Best of luck.

Internal Boxer
10-24-2002, 06:00 AM
CD Lee

Don't you know Dre_doggx is actually Yoda!!!

:D :cool:

Walter Joyce
10-24-2002, 06:55 AM
Gary,
Does this answer your question?
As for taiji, I'll paraphrase the brethren, taiji is like obscenity in that I can't tell you exactly what it is, but I know it when I see it. Besides, its just my opinion, if you don't agree then don't sweat the small stuff, and as you know, its all small stuff.
I'm currently a Yang stylist who recognizes Chen as the original taiji abd has also studied Wu. Just to clarify a bit. And as Waidan said,too much energy wasted on this thread. My original comment was a fleeting thought that I typed. But I will stand by it.
Good training,
Walter

:cool:

Rory
10-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Thats what erle montaguie hes a stinking red commie left wing tree hugging pachlui smelling druid, god **** stinking nazis

HuangKaiVun
10-25-2002, 09:27 PM
No offense, Rory, but what's a "pachlui?"

Never heard the term before.

From what I've seen, Erle Montaigue's art is very effective and well organized.

I have a great deal of respect for his Taijiquan.

Rory
10-25-2002, 10:40 PM
sorry i was just very angry. Pachuli is a oil that some hippy pot head alll natural stikin red commies were it has like a tree hugger kinda smell like some ones armpit when they havnt washed in a while i dont like erle montaguie because of the fact hes just a ******* from what I can tell and besides the fact that theres no reason i should like him

vingtsunstudent
10-25-2002, 11:05 PM
thanx rory for yet another blah blah post that offered some very invaluable reasons as to why we should all not like the guy.
you to may get added to my buddy list so i can learn from your obvious genious.
vts

jon
10-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Rory

Can you post here more often?
You make even my grammar look decent:rolleyes:

Honestly i dont have a clue what you just wrote and ive tried to read it several times.

Have you met dre_doggX yet?
I wanna see you guys have an arguement, that would just about make my night:D

Rory
10-26-2002, 10:52 AM
sorry about that its just what happens when i have a quadrupale shot of exspresso

Former castleva
10-27-2002, 07:35 AM
Yeah.
Erle has also been discussed at dragonslist once,I donīt know too much of his CMA knowledge generally but if you wish to check out you may go to www.taijiworld.com
Iīve read some of his books/texts and it seems to me he has a good stand on dim mak and some other stuff.
Heīs OK- :)

Le nOObi
10-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rory
Thats what erle montaguie hes a stinking red commie left wing tree hugging pachlui smelling druid, god **** stinking nazis

Hippies are nazis now???????????
?????
It boggles the mind!!!!

Felipe Bido
10-27-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jon

Have you met dre_doggX yet?
I wanna see you guys have an arguement, that would just about make my night:D

LMAO!! :D

MaFuYee
10-31-2002, 09:33 PM
gary, (aka gazza)
very good, young padawan.
it's good to see that you have learned to take a little erle bashing in stride. - i see that excessive exposure to kfo has desensitized you to anonymous internet jibes. - you are now ready for the next level. *gong*

walt,
... but, 'what is, 'the macarena'?' ...
how can you say that a person is, or is not doing the macarena?

stacey,
don't blame the grass... it's only a plant.
i'm sure it didn't want erle to smoke it.

vts,
your pimples boil over with puss, and people don't like you very much. - ** e.m., l.t. and co. are a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

vingtsunstudent
11-01-2002, 07:45 AM
yet another finely worded post by someone who doesn't smoke dope but is one.
gee if all the people who don't like me are like you then i feel fine.
who needs fwits who can't even put foward a decent arguement to like them anyways.
yet another wonderful mind i will have to add to my comic book collection, whoops sorry my buddy list.
looks like i'm in for some hilarious reading when the next edition of super twit, mylittleweewee is posted.
vts

dre_doggX
11-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Hi I know some like myself like him, some dont. I dont agree with everything he said, and thats o.k. Whether you like him or not this will be interesting, you my see it as humbling or gloryfing, but I just see it as an experience of his I could learn from.

read this article. Responed then I will give my response

http://www.taijiworld.com/Articles/changend.htm

MaFuYee
11-06-2002, 10:52 PM
dre doggx...

*sigh* you must be very young to be so naieve.

e.m. is a LIAR. and not even a very good one at that.

... 'i AM tai chi' ...

HAHAHA!!!

erle has gone beyond bad weed! - that could only be the product of bad mushrooms or acid, and one too many viewings of 'american ninja' 1-4.

does the phrase, 'caveat emptor' mean anything to you? - why don't you stop and frickin' THINK for a minute?!? - are you one of those that call dione warwick's 'psychic friends hotline'? - if so, then you are excused....

wake up, and stop being such a sucker.
(and study hard in school, maybe you'll actually learn something if you try, and you won't be a fool your whole life.)

... but maybe i'm being too hard on you. - i don't know how old you are, and what you educational background is. - i can't change your mind, one way or another; all i can do is give you the proverbial 'bif' in the back of the head, and hope that you'll come to your senses.

you seem like a nice enough chap. - just try not to be so gullible.

ta.

dre_doggX
11-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Alright, now he said that Chang said "I AM TAI CHI" did you even read all of it. I FOUND NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

HES A LIar while, alright then you cant have a lie without having a truth so

SPIT IT<

tell me what he said on the article that was a lie.

Iam waiting, but I am not going to hold my breath,
for obvious reasons.

MaFuYee
11-07-2002, 11:04 PM
exactly.

"...he said that chang said..."

"chang" never said, "i am tai chi"...
that is what e.m. wrote, attributing the quote to 'chang'. - however, since the whole story is a fabrication on e.m.'s part, it is not incorrect to say that e.m. 'said' it. - not that i attributed the quote to any particular person. - i just found the quote to be riddiculous.

does this chang fellow write fortune cookies to supplement his income, perchance?

how big of an egomaniac would his teacher have to be, to outright dismiss all the other tai chi teachers in the area, in such a pompous manner?
- that is a fantasy; dreamed up by a western mind. plain and simple.

i'd be willing to wager, if you hooked e.m. to a lie detector and ask him if the story actually occurred, (that his teacher said such a thing, and erle went to the other schools... etc. etc.) he would fail miserably.

in fact, while he was hooked up, it would be quite interesting to ask him a few other questions as well. - e.g. the origins of his 'dim mak' techniques.

... put him up on a pedestal if you like, but i for one have my own opinion of him.

yes, and please don't hold your breath... it's not good for your health.

taijiquan_student
11-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Ma... I personally don't care much for Montaigue either, but you're losin' me with your last post.

"that is what e.m. wrote, attributing the quote to 'chang'. - however, since the whole story is a fabrication on e.m.'s part, it is not incorrect to say that e.m. 'said' it."

You act as if it should be incredibly obvious to everyone how right you are. You can have your opinion, but it'd be nice if you backed it up with something. Then maybe those who don't agree with you would.

"how big of an egomaniac would his teacher have to be, to outright dismiss all the other tai chi teachers in the area, in such a pompous manner?
- that is a fantasy; dreamed up by a western mind. plain and simple."

Maybe they all sucked.

And lie detectors aren't 100% accurate. That's really not a very effective example.

Nick Lo
11-08-2002, 02:03 PM
earle looks like mad-max-influenced, granola-eatin, tree-huggin, stiff-moving, hippie-karaddy.

gary just looks like bad wing chun.

at least earle looks like he's been usin a lil bit of relaxer lately. but, to tell you the truth, i think that caveman hair was just to show off his all powerful faw-jing.

he learned his dim mack (not to be confused a big mack, or the 70s movie "The Mack") from shia kahn.... wonder if mowgley was there too... i could really see him jammin to "the bear necessities" with baloo...

Now watch, all the Earle Disciples will come after me. Cuz they know that if earle is invalidated, then so are they. Heaven forbid a negative word was uttered about Earle unrebutted; but apparently it's okay for him to indirectly bash all the other Taiji players in Oz....

More to come once I get back from Oz...

HuangKaiVun
11-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Erle is a former professional wrestler - and a pretty tough guy.

Nick must be even tougher, from what he says. I want to see how well he holds up against Erle - or Sam Wiley who posts here.

You're a self-style Taiji guy it seems, Nick.

Tell us what you would do differently from Erle, since you think so low of him.

Nick Lo
11-08-2002, 02:39 PM
.... uh oh :eek: ....
here comes Huang, pants around ankles, defending another one of his ISBN sifus with his small-man-complex-fueled chivalry.... :eek:

I better run now...

So I guess that means you feel Professional Wrestling is real then Huang?

I know you're gonna tell me the bumps are real or that whassisname from japan was a pro wrassler before enterin pride....

but we all know the truth huang...

we all know that you still mark out for the Hulkster and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.... Sitting around in yer underwear, jimmy in one hand, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Action Figure in the other.... OOOHHHHHH YEAH!

Every other Tai Chi guy I've ever seen has demonstrated taking someone's root and tossing them....

Earle shows his effectiveness with "explowseeeve faaawww jeeeng" punches, trapping, and "deeeem maawwk deeeeeath stroikes". You do the math.
But that's just an insignficant, surface-level, tip of the iceberg.

Like I said Huangabee, I'll expose more, like a stripper, after my lil vacations... got a couple coming up... gonna call it the "Aaahhhhss" tour... AZ, Oz....

Man, my frequent flyer miles are gonna be killer!!!!!

dedalus
11-08-2002, 06:11 PM
More to come once I get back from Oz

Do I understand you to be saying that you plan to make some visits?

jon
11-08-2002, 11:27 PM
"Earle shows his effectiveness with "explowseeeve faaawww jeeeng" punches, trapping, and "deeeem maawwk deeeeeath stroikes". You do the math.
But that's just an insignficant, surface-level, tip of the iceberg."

* Yikes you must live around here, no one else would be able to speak 'Aussie' that well.
nooooooow Niiiiiiiick U know Ure nOt suPOSed to tALk like that riiiiiiiiight?

That post was mean, rude and totaly uncalled for Nick Lo

Im still laughing my ass off - but thats not the point... OK!!!

This thread is quite ammusing :D