PDA

View Full Version : Good Brand Of Dit Da Jow?

SanSoo Student
10-23-2002, 12:00 AM
I ran out of my own jow a couple of days ago, and was wondering if anybody knew any good brands sold online? I have to wait at least 2 months to get my new jar up to minimum potency. My teacher can give me some in about a week: so I wanted to get a bottle or two before this weekend.

rubthebuddha
10-23-2002, 10:10 AM
can't give any, because all the stuff i use has chinese writing on it, and about the only stuff in that language i can recognize are the characters for wing tsun kuen. :(

however, if anyone has any good suggestions, and they order it online, please provide a link or something. :)

Qi dup
10-23-2002, 10:50 AM
Yeah that would be sweet, I would love to buy some jow.

inic
10-23-2002, 10:59 AM
i just ask my chinese friends to get me some

Mr. Bao
10-23-2002, 07:15 PM
The best brand you can get in your local chinese herbal store is called the "five name brand". It has a picture of an old man and it is pretty good. Some chinese herbal stores do sell their own Di Da Jow, I personally buy it from my Sifu when I need it quickly or when I left my homemade jow at home. To be honest, I don't trust any jow unless I made it or someone I know personally made it with care and intelligence.

Bao

Neurotic
10-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Anyone got any good recipies for Dit Da Jow lying around they wish to share? or they have found online and have worked very well?

Just curious for an afternoon of experimentation that could be interesting.

Neurotic

Helicopter
10-25-2002, 03:49 AM
Check out
Wei t'o hit medicine (http://hunggakuen.com/schools/wei_to_arnhem/medicine/index.htm)

It's got recipes for wine, balms and plasters and a lot of supportive information.

Qi dup
10-25-2002, 06:25 AM
http://www.kumojiujitsu.com/

I remember them having some good recipes.

Neurotic
10-26-2002, 04:26 AM
Thanks guys!

Went and did some looking on my own as well, found some recipes out and about.

Now all I have to do is find my 'local Chinese Herbalist'

Heh :o)

Neurotic

SanSoo Student
10-27-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone for helping me find recipes. :)

IronFist
10-27-2002, 02:18 PM
I heard Wing Lam's is good.

Hey is that a pic of the guy from www.ninjai.com in your avatar?

IronFist

TaoBoy
10-27-2002, 07:23 PM
There's a brand called Zheng Gu Shui (sp?) that is available in Australia. It should be available elsewhere to as it's made in China.

I use an Australian brand called Zen ointment - it's Chinese and western herbs blended together. Works very well.

Thanks all for the links.

Qi dup
10-27-2002, 09:38 PM
I just purchased some Jow off of Ebay. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. I bought 4oz. for $7 plus shipping. We'll see what happens, hopefuly it's good stuff. If I don't post on here for a while I'm probably dead.

IronFist
10-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
There's a brand called Zheng Gu Shui (sp?) that is available in Australia. It should be available elsewhere to as it's made in China.

I was under the impression that Zheng Gu Shui was a different liniment, not a brand name. I thought it was for bones or something :confused:

IronFist

TaoBoy
10-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Er, you could be correct IronFist. I haven't used ZGS myself but have been told it is good for the odd knock. The bottle I've seen states it is good for bruises, sprains and strains.

:confused:

monte
10-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Wing Lam's is great stuff. I have been using it for several years now.

IronFist
10-29-2002, 06:22 PM
Welcome to KFO, monte!

IronFist

monte
10-31-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Ironfist!

SanSoo Student
10-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Yea Ironfist, its from NiNjai, hehe
ThT kid rocks!!

foolinthedeck
03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
i was actually looking for help.
i needed a jow so i bought one from my local herbalist for a badly bruised rib. i bought one for £8, its only 20ml - so maybe i was ripped off, but wait, its an amazingly cool little bottle with chinese characters in the glass of the bottle and a design of two fish jumping out of the sea. - so its not a cheap looking plastic bottle.

its called "Houlou You" from www.hongliyaoye.com

is it even a jow??? well i rubbed a little in and the pain reduced within 5 minutes!! placebo perhaps, well i'm going to stick with it.

Toby
03-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
I was under the impression that Zheng Gu Shui was a different liniment, not a brand name. I thought it was for bones or something :confused:
I use Zheng Gu Shui. Good stuff. It's a brand name. Haven't got my bottle on me right now, but from the instructions (in Chinglish) it's used for bone setting. I mainly use it when I get bruises on bone e.g. outside of forearm and front of shin. Google for it, there's a fair bit of info online + lots of online retailers.

Doug
03-04-2004, 06:03 PM
For Dit Dar Jow, try www.bucksamkongkungfu.com if you want.

Doug M

Odin of Wei
03-07-2004, 12:46 PM
I've asked about this stuff awhile back.

Some one this board told me that it's not FDA checked.

And a friend of mine said that this stuff can give you cancer.

I've still always wondered why it smells like syrup. I had it on my hands one time and my friend got a wiff of it and was guessing what I had for breakfast! ha ha ha ha

My dad still uses this. I tell him what I heard...I hope it's not true though.

Doug
03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
People have been using this for centuries and are still healthy. Where did you get your sources from?

Thanks,

Douug M

Odin of Wei
03-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Doug
People have been using this for centuries and are still healthy. Where did you get your sources from?

Thanks,

Douug M
Might have been the brand I was using but someone on this borad said that. I posted the web site of the brand too...I'll post here if I find it.

And a friend of mine told me about the cancer thing....like I said before.
But I don't really believe him so much.

hmm....If anyone could post up a rescipe for jow...make it yourself and no worries. :D