PDA

View Full Version : Tred adventures....

Cipher
10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
I know there is a training forums but this one has so much more traffic. It's also the gerneral like section for KFO:D

Anyway, I am looking into getting a Tredmill for the winter because I hate walking or running in cold weather. It hurts my ears and shoulders, really.

So is there anything major to look for? I am planning on gettnig a low end one from Wal-mart so nothing fancy. I would like one that folds the walking part to save room since it will be in my office. I'll mostly just fast walk and maybe a little slow jogging.
But are there any specific things to look for or shy from?

Former castleva
10-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Heh,if it keeps going like this,this will turn into general forum for KF health&training matters.

Uh,sorry no help.

KC Elbows
10-23-2002, 02:25 PM
If you're big or plan on doing hard running on it, make sure it's deck is able to withstand heavy impact. Usually, you can ask the salesperson about this, and they may know the answer.

Also, it is good if it can incline.

Mine is programmable. I made one workout called "Just beat up a clown and here come da fuzz", it's crazy running, up hills, slow down, look out, more fuzz, run full tilt, slow down, speed up just in case, etc.

My wife thinks I need help.;)

Cipher
10-25-2002, 12:25 PM
Haha. Thats a good idea. I'll have to come up with something to try. I really wish I had a basement in my house. I could make it my own little training temple. Now I have to pull the car out of the garage and use that for my bag and mook:mad:

ewallace
10-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Personally I'd spend the $$ on an elliptical trainer. A little more pricey but IMO more beneficial.