PDA

View Full Version : Ving Tsun Bible

azwingchun
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Has anyone seen this? http://www.wckfc.com/ ;)

Grendel
10-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by azwingchun
Has anyone seen this? http://www.wckfc.com/ ;)

No. What's your point?

Odie-wan
10-24-2002, 09:08 AM
I've seen the advertisement. Have you asked how much they are asking? It looks pretty interesting. (Admittedly though, I'm a book person).

Sean

rubthebuddha
10-24-2002, 09:24 AM
17 buttons, which includes shipping within the states. add another five buttons if you're shipping to the netherregions.

reneritchie
10-24-2002, 10:01 AM
How much is a button in Canuck bucks? And what makes the book worth the money, other than the limited-ness?

(Remembering Tsui Sheung-Tin's book was ~US$300 with traced pictures...)

RR

yenhoi
10-24-2002, 10:13 AM
How much is a button?

Very valuable thing to have from the looks of it.

Like rene's book! :D

aelward
10-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Looks really interesting.

On the same token, I am kind of scared about something entitled "bible." To me, that implies fixed dogma, and goes against what I like about WC-- flexibility and adabtability.

That said, I will probably buy it if a "button" isn't too expensive.

rubthebuddha
10-24-2002, 11:42 AM
didn't think the idea of a button would stump you guys so much. a button equals a buck, a clam, one-fifth of a finsky, one-twentieth of a yuppy food stamp, one-one-hundredth of a benjamin.

in this case, it would cost your typical yankee 17 bucks.

rene -- for you, with five bucks more shipping and the exchange rate of about 1.56, it'd cost you about 17 twonies.

azwingchun
10-24-2002, 08:25 PM
What's my point?!?!?! I found it kinda interesting, and thought some of you would as well. I also wanted to know if anyone else knew anymore about this Bible.;)

Nichiren
10-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Whohaaaaa.... Hold your horses!!!

The only real WC/WT/VT bible is the "Wing Tsun Kuen by LT". Atleast thats what I've been told...;)

reneritchie
10-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Hmm, 17 twonies, that's a lot of Tim Horton's to give up, eh??

And shouldn't a "bible" be somewhat more old-testamenty? And is new testamenty post-Foshan era?? Who's nailing their list of protests on the VTAA door? When did Yim Wing-Chun appear to the ancient Native Americans? If I send $100 will someone Bai Fut for my health and well-being? Too many pop-cultural cliche parodies swamping what's left of brain...

RR

rubthebuddha
10-25-2002, 09:03 AM
rene,

yeah. seventeen twonies is about how much most canadians take home on their paychecks after the government takes its share, right?

dunno about all the other stuff, but i think we need to start a big wing chun family and take over utah like that other group did. ;)

maybe we can ask heimberger's crew to be our advanced troops?

:)

Mr. Bao
10-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Wing Chun Bible? Who is the god that inspired the writer to write his revelation. I am curious to read it without wasting my cash on it, but it sounds pretty silly. Yip Ching is an interesting character for naming his book Wing Chun Bible. But everyone has their right to produce what they think of and believe is the gospel truth.

I am reading a non wing chun book called, "Brawl: A behind the scenes look at Mixed Martial Arrts competition," written by Erich Krauss and Bret Aita. A great reference and historical book on the modern combative sport of MMA. I would highly recommend it for any martial artist. I see MMA being the next international combative sport which will be more popular and accepted sport than western boxing.

Enjoy the read.

Bao

reneritchie
10-25-2002, 09:27 AM
RTB - I think Quebec residents are one of, if not the, most highly taxed in North America. Even on the low end, you're paying 40-50% income tax. On top of that, you pay 8% federal and 7% provincial sales tax (and you pay the provincial on top of the federal so it works out to 15.5%). Add to that *huge* luxury taxes (a liter of gas here in Montreal was 80c for the last few days, now just down to 76.9), entertainment tax (on movies and such), and all sorts of hidden taxes. So, 17 twonies is just about what you can take home. But at least we get all this wonderful snow...

So what're the taxes and weather like in Utah? Why not invade Hawaii while we're at it??

Geezer
10-25-2002, 09:36 AM
The book may be called the Ving Tsun Bible for the folowing reason,

A bible is also a book which gives important advice and information about a particular subject.
Vogue magazine quickly became the bible of fashionable women.

That was taken from Cambridge Ditionary online,

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=bible*1+0

:D

rubthebuddha
10-25-2002, 09:39 AM
rene,

as my friend from kamloops, bc once told me ...

"In Canada we have two seasons......six months of winter and six months of poor snowmobiling."

aye, and i know about the taxes. i have many friends across the border (heck, i'm 30 miles from vancouver, but on the south side of the 49th parallel), and i hear about their woes with all due frequency.

utah's not bad, but it has two good lakes (salt and whatever the one by beaevr is -- good fishing there) and NO ocean. the mountains are decent, and there's some other neat stuff, but i'd say nevermind on the utah thing.

hawaii's not bad, either. i think i'd prefer that.

reneritchie
10-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Geezer - thanks for bring facts to the silliness, though not as fun, it must be educational.

RTB - Here we have 2 seasons as well - f/n freezing and hellaciously hot. It seems to go from -20c to +30c in the blink of the tax bill. And it's a dry cold and humid heat....

rubthebuddha
10-25-2002, 04:30 PM
rene,

i'm unconvinced. why the hell do you live there?