PDA

View Full Version : Foundation

Hendrik
10-25-2002, 09:31 PM
A well rooted Foundation prepared one to face abstract and changes with ease.

How well is your WCK Foundation Rooted?

What do you think?

Grendel
10-25-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik
A well rooted Foundation prepared one to face abstract and changes with ease.

How well is your WCK Foundation Rooted?

What do you think?

Are you quoting Red5?

EnterTheWhip
10-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Hendrik
A well rooted Foundation prepared one to face abstract and changes with ease. Absolutely.

anerlich
10-26-2002, 06:25 PM
The term "rooted" has too much double entendre to be taken too seriously by Aussies such as myself. Poms too, I think.

r5a will glad to see that someone (Hendrik) is finally listening to what he's been saying all along. ;)

EnterTheWhip
10-26-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by anerlich
The term "rooted" has too much double entendre to be taken too seriously by Aussies such as myself. If more than one entendre exists then it must be misunderstood.

anerlich
10-26-2002, 08:40 PM
If more than one entendre exists then it must be misunderstood.

Uhhh..... OK.

EnterTheWhip
10-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by anerlich
Uhhh..... OK.
Exactly my point.

anerlich
10-26-2002, 11:32 PM
You made a point?

Mr. Bao
10-28-2002, 01:36 PM
I think on a intellectual level, I think my basic ideas of wing chun is well rooted and as for my physical skill, it has gotten better over time. It has been one year so far with my teacher Lee Sifu and I still have habits from my old wing chun school which I have to decondition.

I think many students should start of with getting the correct concepts first in establishing the roots in wing chun, then actually applying the techniques should strengthen the correct ideas instead of degrading it.

There so many things within wing chun to understand and to get down. I sometimes wonder why I even try at all. There are days I have it and days it left me like the wind.

Bao