PDA

View Full Version : development of CLF

monk weed
10-26-2002, 11:57 AM
I was just wondering:

It is said that choy li fut was developed to train anti-ching rebels in the quickest possible time for anti government activity. If so, what was originally taught to these people. I can't imagine that it was the clf we know today. Do any of the older clf people know what the original sets and techniques were? No way they could've been as many sets that exist in todays clf. Also, for you history research buffs out there, is there any documentation of actual battles between clf rebels and ching imperialists?

Jabb
10-28-2002, 08:13 AM
What I've heard, Choy Lee Fut was developed before the rebellion, since Chen Heung trained 2 styles of kung fu in 20 years period and put his knowledge together and developed Choy Lee Fut as he saw it to be good. I think he just taught the basics to the rebels since it takes some time to learn and control all the 30 forms with some 130 moves.

I could be wrong tho, can't remember everything :)

Check the history part at www.clfma.com

yik-wah-tik
10-28-2002, 03:00 PM
first to k-no.....i will not be able to attend the malaysia conference and i have asked your sifu to accept my certificate in my honor. they are giving me a lifetime honorary president certificate and can you please remind him to bring back my certificate. thanks bro, and my heart is with you guys in malaysia.

to the rest of you.,............ the General is back and he will be ripping a few new *******s around here. whew am i glad i am not you jokers on this forum. it will be up on his website in about a weeks time so stay focused.

sorry guys,

your friendly neighborhood hung sing man!
frank

monk weed
10-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Thanks Jabb

I've read that link before, does not really get into what I was looking for. It is not my intention to turn this thread into a founders debate. I'm just looking for info on clf's infuence on the "rebellion."

Fu-Pow
10-28-2002, 05:23 PM
to the rest of you.,............ the General is back and he will be ripping a few new *******s around here. whew am i glad i am not you jokers on this forum. it will be up on his website in about a weeks time so stay focused.

I just can't wait.

Serpent
10-28-2002, 08:41 PM
And Fu Pow puts ME on his ignore list!?

:D

extrajoseph
10-30-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by yik-wah-tik
first to k-no.....i will not be able to attend the malaysia conference and i have asked your sifu to accept my certificate in my honor. they are giving me a lifetime honorary president certificate and can you please remind him to bring back my certificate. thanks bro, and my heart is with you guys in malaysia.

your friendly neighborhood hung sing man!
frank

Gee, Frank.

What service did you provided for Master Soo to deserve a lifetime honorary president certificate? What I knew of Master Soo, he is not your type.

I will be surprised if k-no's Sifu can remeber after the tropical heat and drinking Bintang beer with his Oz mates. He will be eaten alive by mozzies in that jungle hideout of Master Soo by the stinking river.

If you want to know what it feels like doing demo in KL, just turn your oven to 200 degree for 10 minutes and then open the door. Oh how I missed the coconut drinks in the raw and the oyster omelettes. My stomach be with you guys in Malaysia.

Your friendly neighbourhood watcher,
JoX

extrajoseph
10-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Fu-Pow

I just can't wait.

Hi Fu-Pow,

Don't worry, you won't get a mention this time, the General thinks you are a good boy now. As for me, I will get top billing again. So eat your heart out, my friend. I am a legend now, thanks to Dave Baby!

JoX