PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that Wing Chun has Southern Mantis Mixed in it ?

FIRE HAWK
10-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I herd that Hakka arts like Southern Mantis were mixed with Wing Chun on the Red boats in China because hakka arts where on the Red boats and hakka people were on the red boats and in the opera during the Ching Dynasty ?

vingtsunstudent
10-26-2002, 10:49 PM
would you please stop reading and actually do some training.
if you'd have trained 1 minute for every time you've been on here with stuff you know you'd probably have enough skill an understanding to answer some of these bull$hit questions for yourself.
i have seen you post on the fact that you are interested in that many styles that there is no way you will ever even begin to know diddly squat about any unless you actually do something.
i do know that you have mentioned that you have some illness or something but i still think that you are just using that as excuse for some reason, many people have illnesses and they still have the strength to push themselves if they want it bad enough.
now to answer your question, if you actually went and looked or tried both arts you would see/feel there is quite a difference.
vts

Mr. Bao
10-28-2002, 01:40 PM
What you heard may be bull or it may be true, but from other wing chun players who fought with mantis, they don't seem to agree with what you heard. If you studied the systems of mantis and wing chun, you can see they have two complete sets of ideas.

Bao