PDA

View Full Version : My upcomming training schedule

Jabb
10-27-2002, 11:46 AM
First of, I'm new to these forums and to kung fu and I want to say 'hi all' :)

I'm going to begin Choy Lee Fut soon and I was thinking, since my classes are on mondays and wednesdays, I would train my kung fu the whole week at the following program:

Monday:
Class, approx. 1h30min

Tuesday:
Repeat mondays exercises

Wednesday:
Class, approx. 1h30min

Thursday:
Repeat wednesdays exercises

Friday:
Repeat mondays exercises

Saturday:
Repeat wednesdays exercises

Sunday:
Have some spare time ;)

Please give me feedback what do you think and how/when do you train.

IronFist
10-27-2002, 02:16 PM
What do you mean by "Monday" and "Wednesday's exercises?" Just what you did in class that day?

IronFist

Jabb
10-27-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
What do you mean by "Monday" and "Wednesday's exercises?" Just what you did in class that day?

IronFist
I mean that I go thru the warm ups and forms what we did that day, so basicly yes, I do what we did in the class that day :)

I'm not sure is this effective way but I'll give it a try :rolleyes:

SevenStar
10-28-2002, 12:51 AM
As always, our first question - What are your goals?

If you do a search, you can find many of our routines on here. There's a lot of good info already posted - you just have to find it.

Jabb
10-28-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
As always, our first question - What are your goals?

If you do a search, you can find many of our routines on here. There's a lot of good info already posted - you just have to find it.
Well, my goal is simply to train and to have a better kung fu when time goes on.

I try to find some routines, maybe I find one that fits me, thanks for help :)

Wilson
10-28-2002, 07:24 AM
Be careful not to burn yourself out. Everyone is always very excited when starting something new. Many people jump in so quickly to the martial arts that they grow tired of it quickly and quit. I see people come and go at my school all the time. Train hard and train smart. Spend some time thinking about what you've learned and ask questions at the next class. Don't force yourself to do it, if you enjoy what you are doing, you will want to train all the time.

Jabb
10-28-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Wilson
Be careful not to burn yourself out. Everyone is always very excited when starting something new. Many people jump in so quickly to the martial arts that they grow tired of it quickly and quit. I see people come and go at my school all the time. Train hard and train smart. Spend some time thinking about what you've learned and ask questions at the next class. Don't force yourself to do it, if you enjoy what you are doing, you will want to train all the time.
I know what you mean, my friend started Tol Ki Do and he was very excited and then he trained very hard, and is still is training some, but hes fed up with it because he got bored to train so hard, he hasn't been in a class for 2 months now :(

I'm trying not to burn myself down... I usually know when to stop, as in drinking(yeah, when I puke) :D ;)

Daredevil
11-01-2002, 06:32 AM
See this thread for more thoughts (and what I think) on this subject:

Here. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17214&highlight=time)

And most people in CMA need to err on the side of strictness and not laziness, so don't use 'not burning out' as en excuse to get lazy. Though that should be considered as well. Though I think you should always be focused on training more and better, but not doing so in a hurry, letting your body, mind and personality develop into the correct direction.

Of course, that really depends on your goals for MA. I'm speaking with the goal of eventual mastery.

Jabb
11-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Daredevil
See this thread for more thoughts (and what I think) on this subject:

Here. (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17214&highlight=time)

And most people in CMA need to err on the side of strictness and not laziness, so don't use 'not burning out' as en excuse to get lazy. Though that should be considered as well. Though I think you should always be focused on training more and better, but not doing so in a hurry, letting your body, mind and personality develop into the correct direction.

Of course, that really depends on your goals for MA. I'm speaking with the goal of eventual mastery.
Well being lazy isn't what I had in mind, even if I overburn, and if I REALLY overburn, I just have 1-2 days break, not from my classes tho because I'm real with this and I'm not gonna give up.

And don't give me that "That's what I thought too but then blaablaa..." crap, I've heard it enough :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link :)

Jabb
11-23-2002, 05:26 AM
Update: My classes are on monday and saturday. I've decided just to practise the moves and techniques I've learned, since we are not practising any forms yet :rolleyes: