PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for practice/fundamentals of Qi-gong (or meditation)

Former castleva
10-28-2002, 05:04 AM
Talking about preparing for practice which to me,in this case means what things to keep in mind&do to get most of the power out of practice,right before gong itself.
If you have suggestions on fundamental techniques which should always be applied in practice,then let it out please.

As I´m asking this,I´m lacking information but as far as I know one should not eat for 30 minutes before and after practicing.

prana
11-01-2002, 04:28 PM
well I guess to put in point form, qi gong requires

patience
dont EXPECT it
preseverance
self-study
unforced effort
calmness

Daredevil
11-01-2002, 05:49 PM
The above ones are good.

These days I pretty much find myself stressing one thing to myself anf those who ask advice. BE MINDFUL. It sounds very simple but is an art in itself.

Learn the form of the chigong, get the details down .. then start the real practise. Do the movement and 'LISTEN' to what is happening in your body/mind. Keep your mind clear and don't cling to thoughts. Ie. remain mindful and receptive.

This is pretty much Prana's list just worded in a different manner actually. Yep.

Former castleva
11-04-2002, 03:46 AM
Thank U.

Shenmonk
11-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Enjoy it as the chi begins to flow. Don't push it, just let it happen. Feel the pleasure of the moves in your body, if you are straining or becoming tired or have discomfort or are off-balance, review how you are doing the form.

Stillness in motion. Moving meditation. For the standing exercises, you must relax or you will soon find out where your weaknesses are.

Smile a lot. and thank the immortals and others who provided such a gift.

Former castleva
11-20-2002, 05:56 AM
Thank you for your unique advice.