PDA

View Full Version : push hands group nyc

wiz cool c
10-28-2002, 08:31 AM
any tournement style push hands groups in nyc that anyone knows about?

Dachengdao
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
You should have come to my push hands seminar in Queens that I PM'd you about. Not only have I won many push hands competitions, but I'm also a tournament judge. I'll let you know when I plan to do another one.

wiz cool c
10-28-2002, 09:22 PM
thank you for the invite but i am looking for a on going group to practice with every week. I have a teacher just need some partners.

blacktaoist
11-04-2002, 11:03 PM
wiz cool c:
Here is some information for a push hands group.

New York City Tai Chi meets weekly for open push hands. Open push hands means students of all styles, from beginner to advanced, are welcome to come and practice together in a supportive learning environment. There is no official instructor.

Schedule:

Every Sunday from 5 - 7 pm

The cost is only $5 dollars
Please pay David when you arrive.

190 Third Avenue @ 17th Street
phone: (212) 420-7242

Directions:
L, N, R, Q, W, or 4, 5, 6 to Union Square -
walk east on 17th Street -
make a left on 3rd Ave. -
there it is on the left.

Nexus
11-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Master Jou-Tsung Hwa used to have a T'ai Chi Farm where people could go and practice the pushing of hands together. RAF was there and has stories to tell if you ask him kindly.

wiz cool c
11-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Blacktaoist thanks for the info. Blacktaoist do you know of any groups that practice push hands the way they where done at you tournement?

blacktaoist
11-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Phone: 212-533-1751
7 and 1/2 Second Avenue, 3rd Floor, NYC, NY 10003
Email: baguarat@aol.com
Web: http://www.wutangpca.com

I think Frank is teaching push hands the way they where done at my tournement? Frank students were good. He had one guy that was good at thowing. Next year should be fun.

Sifu Rudy Curry Jr. He have a BaGuaZhang push hands group every tuesday some where in queens. Its hardcore, Lot of thowing techniques, and most of the guys in his class are ex-judo players that are now learning BaGuaZhang for combat, but the people are cool, and you can learn a lot. I use to go to sifu rudy push hands class all the time, but know I just don't have free time anymore. 718-291-2047
917-290-3737

Also you can try Roosevelt Gainey, I know he have a push hands group going on everyday some where in BK. 718-372-7534
TaoistGainey@earthlink.net

Good luck.
Peace
BT

wiz cool c
11-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Blacktaoist one more question are these groups for Bagua only or Tai chi and Bagua? Becouse I am doing Chen Tai chi.

blacktaoist
11-05-2002, 05:40 PM
the push hands groups do all kinds of push hands methods Tai Chi, (Yang and Chen)Ba Gua, Hsing Yi. From fix to freestyle push hands.

Sifu Rudy push hands Group I know for sure, guys practice throws and take downs within the push hands training. They also practice a lot of Chen Tai Chi and Cheng style BaGua push hands method. Fix and freestyle.

circle_walker
11-05-2002, 09:16 PM
I am learning Bagua in the Houston area, and would be grateful for any information on a push hands group in the Houston area. Especially if they do Bagua. I am my teacher's only Bagua student presently and have no one else to play with :( . Any help would be appreciated.