PDA

View Full Version : NYC Wing chun players, here? Holla! lol.

Mr. Bao
10-28-2002, 01:03 PM
How many wing chun students here from the New York City area? I would like to know the people from my neighbors. I would like to know so we can meet up and perhaps have some tea and watch some MMA Fights on the tube at my home or school?

I am not looking to cause trouble. I would like to exchange some wing chun ideas and discuss kung fu. It would be one to one basis, ok.

Bao

YungChun
10-28-2002, 07:45 PM
30 minutes from NYC! PM me for more info.

Chuk Hung
10-29-2002, 07:30 AM
Mr. Bao,

What are your intentions? Watch MMA or play kung fu?
Im here in NYC, Manhattan and Brooklyn to be exact.

CH

Mr. Bao
10-29-2002, 08:42 AM
CH:

My intention is to meet other wing chun people in the nyc area? I am looking to make friends who study wing chun outside my school. I want to look at what other family members are studying and to explore the art at different angles. If you feel insecure about that then you don't have to meet me. "Play kung fu"? Now if you mean that I want to start up fights within our family, the answer is no. I am that good for that type of crap. lol. I practice Mo Duk and I am not kind of person.

But if anyone interested in exchanging ideas and are good and friendly, I wouldn't mine exchanging ideas of wing chun and discussing kung fu or anything to do with fighting. If you want me to demostrate what I do know that isn't a problem either.

Bao

Chuk Hung
10-29-2002, 09:16 AM
Mr. Bao,

Your intentions are well understood. It is good to reach out to see how other people "play" their Wing Chun. We use the term "play kung fu" to mean a friendly exchange of ideas and concepts, and to feel the other person's energy. It was and still commonly used in Hong Kong. It is not meant to be belligerent in any manner.

There are many Wing Chun practitioners here in the tri-state area. I am sure you will get many responses.

CH

Abstract
10-29-2002, 01:30 PM
I'm in the area, actually, we've met once or twice, through Mun Hung. Although my Wing Chun practice has fallen off as of late, if you get a few people together(or not) like your post states, email me, i'd be down to get together for some food, training-type things & what-not...

I probably won't have too much to contribute, but i'd be interested in hearing & seeing everyone's opinions and so forth. :cool:

Mr. Bao
10-29-2002, 11:55 PM
Abstract:

You bald shaolin white monk. Greetings and good health. I would love to hang out with you anytime brother. I have plans meet some other wing chun people in nyc as well. It is cool. I am hoping they will meet up with me. I am interested in meeting them and exchanging ideas. Since you met me last I have came along way with Lee Sifu but I still suck tho. lol. I still have bad habits from Parlati's training tho. I am working out it tho.

Take care from. Pm me with your infor. I will send your regards to Mun Hung.

Abstract
10-30-2002, 05:14 PM
check ya PM man...:D

Mr. Bao
10-31-2002, 09:47 PM
Star expo? Explain please and PM me with infor and how I can reach you. Welcome to New York City if you are new to my city. If you come here before Sunday, allow me to show you my city and its kung fu riches. lol.

mun hung
11-04-2002, 12:48 AM
****! Have'nt been on the forum in awhile due to work and family matters. Would've loved to have gone to the tourney. Oh well, there's always next year. :(

Abstract - sorry we've lost touch lately, just been real busy. Come out on a Sunday for some dim sum. I'll be callin ya soon. Peace.

Bao - when you get it together - count me in, brother. :)