PDA

View Full Version : Hung gar - Fu Hok seurng ying form

iron_silk
10-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Hey there!

I recently started to learn the Tiger Crane form (and saying that is must be from the Wong Fei Hong lineage) and was wondering if anyone out there have noticed any major differences amongst the different schools of hung gar?

Like I compared what I learned to a video clip I got from the Canadian Association of Hung gar and to Lam Say Wing books.

I am just curious and find this kind of thing interesting.

So anybody out there notice major changes and differences of different lineage I assume? (e.g. Lam Sai Wing vs Tung Fung lineage for example)

TenTigers
10-28-2002, 05:43 PM
I've practiced both versions, teach the Tang Fung Pillar sets, but also the LSW minor forms and sup ying kuen. I both have something the other does not. I really like the tiger section in LSW, which includes a very aggressive chasing section. It is inferred in the Tang Fung set. The Tang Fung forms seem to place more emphasis on sinking to gather power, possibly due to the fact that Lam Sai-Wing was larger than Tang Fung. There seem to be more 'in between' movements in Tang-Fung, but many of the movements that might not appear in LSW Gung Ji Fook Fu, and Fu-Hok, later reappear in Sup Ying Kuen and the two-man set, so they equal out. Six of one, half dozen of another. It boils down to personal preferance.

iron_silk
10-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Thanks Ten tiger!