PDA

View Full Version : 5 Ancestors

I.M. Toast
10-28-2002, 11:48 PM
Howdy,
I am curious about the style called the "5 ancestors". I have been able to find the histories (there are two suggested) of the style, but not very much about its flavor or complexity.

Any thoughts or comments?

I.M.T.

joedoe
10-29-2002, 12:47 AM
If you are talking about Wu Chu Chuan/Ngor Chor Kun then I may be able to help.

I.M. Toast
10-29-2002, 12:37 PM
To be honest, I am not certain. There is a fellow in my area that professes to teach "shaolin Kung Fu-(five ancestors style)". I am presuming that it is wu chu chan.

What's your general feeling about it?

I.M.T.

rubthebuddha
10-29-2002, 01:11 PM
put his website up or at least post his name -- the people on here will scour what they see and surely give you their thoughts. :)

joedoe
10-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Where do you live, and what is his name? I know of a few teachers from the school I attend that have schools in the US. If you are not in the US, then we also have teachers in the UK and Europe.

However, I am not suggesting that we are the only lineage out there :).

OT: I have seen footage of something that someone called 5 Ancestors but looked nothing like any 5 Ancestors I have ever seen.

norther practitioner
10-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Some use the 5 ancestors to mean the 5 tigers. But I think I've seen some others who have nothing to do with this use this term (what a surprise).

I.M. Toast
10-30-2002, 01:03 AM
The fellow that I mentioned is named Andrew O. Foster. There is no web-site to my knowledge. His ad in the yellow pages merely claims that he teaches "shaolin kung fu (5 ancestors system)"

All right, there seems to be a mixture of ideas of what the "Five ancestors system" is. What are YOUR feelings about whatever you are familiar with? Was it hard/soft, internal/external, fun or boring as hell?

I.M.T.