PDA

View Full Version : Combat footage - help me out?

scotty1
10-29-2002, 03:25 AM
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could refer me to or send me some (hopefully extended) footage of any IMA but preferably Taiji in action.

Also if anyone knows of any info in relation to any IMA in the Zhejiang province of China, and in particular Wenzhou, I would be extremly grateful if you could pass it on, as I will be living there shortly.

If no footage a description of how Taiji functions in combat (techniques, theory etc.) would be great.:)

Thanks everyone.

Souljah
10-29-2002, 04:44 AM
go to

www.hsing-i.com (http://www.hsing-i.com)

This guy does pretty much all of the internal styles (taiji, bagua,hsing i and liouhapafa)
There are alot of form and application clips if you click on 'MPEG VIDEO' in the menu.....
hope this helps:)

Stacey
10-29-2002, 08:37 PM
anything else of this calibur on the web.

I would very much like to fight this guy. With a little practice of course.

wiz cool c
10-30-2002, 01:02 PM
you can get a copy of the Fifth International Chen Village Taiji Push Hand Competition at www.chentaijiquan.com

scotty1
10-31-2002, 05:34 AM
OK, thanks everyone, but I can't see those clips on this dam library computer. A brief rundown of what I could reasonably expect a Taiji stylist to fight like? I hit China in two weeks (!) and I'm intersted to know what to expect when I start to study.

You know, a few techniques, fighting theory, whatever.....

Elbows, palm strikes, use of the legs, blocking, parrying, standup grappling, locks, throws?

scotty1
11-04-2002, 05:46 AM
Its cool, I've just read a book which pretty much explains.