PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $10 per technique?

IronFist
10-29-2002, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't (http://www.ironpalm.com/clips3.html)

Or what about $10 per meditation? (http://www.ironpalm.com/clips.html) However, I think the important thing is to remember that you're learning Chi Projection :D

Maybe if it was a different teacher :)

IronFist

Stacey
10-29-2002, 07:45 PM
thats cheap, supposing the techniques are sound.

Look at what Morei Usheba paid per technique. About 150 bucks and a boat trip by todays standards.

IronFist
10-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Look at the source.

IronFist

Stacey
10-29-2002, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't pay him that. But that Aikijujitsu Master from Japan, yes.

PHILBERT
10-29-2002, 11:16 PM
Yes but how popular was Morihei Ueshiba back then? No really, I dont know.

chief108
10-30-2002, 06:00 AM
That's gonna be an expensive ride if you want the works from that site.....
$10,- sounds great....
But there are SO MANY (94 on page 1 of 2), and that's a lot of times ten bucks...

The good thing is that you can choose the things that you like or that you need/ want to work on and don't have to buy a (couple of) video('s) that is (are) 80% of crap you allready know...

The repeating NO REFUNDS!!!! message sounds like people did try that often.... don't know if that gives me a good feeling about the products ;)

So...
I like the idea... I really do...
Making small sections so people have more freedome on what to study, without having to spend huge amounts of money on sidecrap they don't use....

But I didn't order anything @ that site yet... :D

Chief108

IronFist
10-30-2002, 09:53 AM
Oh ****, I wasn't trying to advertise. Don't buy anything from that site, ever!!

IronFist

dwid
10-30-2002, 10:47 AM
He should be paying you $10 per technique to look at that crap.

I had a copy of a tape by this guy (James Lacy). His technique is awful and his videos are pretty much unwatchable. In a demonstration of some iron palm qigong, you get to watch him turn the camera on and off, and his cat makes several appearances. Apparently he doesn't believe in editing or re-shooting anything.

Anyone who pays this guy for instruction gets what they deserve.

dezhen2001
10-30-2002, 02:01 PM
what a list of iron palm skills and what a MAD beard :eek:

dawood

Cipher
10-30-2002, 02:30 PM
I can't believe anyone would pay that much to watch an internet video clip of a technique.

chief108
10-30-2002, 11:37 PM
LOL!!! :D

I've seen this website for years now and I've allways had some strange feelings with it.....
The video "crap" (as mentioned earlier) was ff-ing expensive as well, so it wasn't that much of a surprise that his latest move to sell his thingies comes out even more expensive.....
Breaking up a $40,- video into 6 to 8 $10,- downloads?
THAT is good marketing dude!!! :D

Must say that I like the beard though :rolleyes:

Chief108

BSH
10-31-2002, 09:13 AM
This guy has always seemed to me to be out for the money. He has been written about on the McDojo site.

The really sad thing is that he seems to have been a GM of just about every Chinese Art out there. I have seen some of his videos and can tell you he does not know any CMA that I have ever seen, let alone be a GM of any of them.

This is the kind of person who hurts the reputation of all real martial arts.

IMHO, No refunds on the internet means BUYER BEWARE.

BSH
10-31-2002, 09:23 AM
Would I pay $10 for a technique? Only if I wanted a $10 technique, which I don't.

Would I pay $10 for a meditation? Only if I wanted a $10 med, which I don't.

You get what you pay for.

I don't know about buying a technique. That just seems to be something that should be part of standard training. Early techniques tend to be simpler due to the lack of student's ability. Higher techniques tend to be more complex, yet simpler at the same time, just more effective. All seems to be something that I pay for as part of my training.

Meditations are a different story. I'd pay a lot of money for something that would allow me to project Chi if I knew it would work. I am not saying I believe or don't believe in this, only that it would be cool, and if someone would guarantee its effectiveness, I would pay a lot of money.

Why would someone claim to have this ultimately cool meditation and turn around and say {deep, salesmans voice}, "and it can be yours for only $9.99." Get real and add some digits. But then again, I'd never buy something like that over the internet. That's why most of us train with the best Sifu we can find.

Happy Halloween