PDA

View Full Version : Announcing a Xingyi web Game!

xingyiman
10-30-2002, 07:48 PM
I'd to sumbit for your enjoyment what is probably the first Xingyi(Hsing-I) internet game! Please keep in mind that I'm still an amatuer at creating web applications, so don't judge the simplicity of the site too harshly. Here is the game:

http://xingyiman.tripod.com/thegame.html

Enjoy and tell me what you think OK :)

I.M. Toast
10-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Interesting, but....I don't get it. Whom am I supposedly playing against? Is this an elaborate "rocks,paper,scissors"?

xingyiman
11-01-2002, 09:27 AM
So, what do you think of the game? By the way, I think the next game in the Mortal Kombat series is coming out this month. Each playable character will have a set of combat styles from which to choose from, and from what I read in the video game magazines, Tai Chi, Bagua, Xing Yi, and Liu He Ba Fa are supposed to be among them. Check it out when it comes out! :)

dre_doggX
11-06-2002, 08:23 AM
keep working on it little by little you can turn it into a real game.

Muppet
11-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Some suggestions:
- It might be more interesting (and it would make more sense) if the opponent made the move first
- For added difficulty, you could set a timer. The higher your score, the less time you have to react.
- If you wanna get fancy, you could make the attacker's five element move a picture facing the user.
- If you wanna get REALLY fancy, you could have variations of attacks for each of the five elements; all random of course.

I won't bother suggesting animated gifs or even Flash :)

xingyiman
11-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Keep i mind that I'm still a beginner at programming. Originally, I wanted to install some graphic rollover effects---A graphic would rollover to a picture of the element you used as well as the one the opponent used. Either that or some animation of a guy using a particular element to destroy another one(depending on the user's and computer's actions. The game is still a work in progress.