PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Kicking article by rene

yenhoi
11-01-2002, 11:19 AM
This thread has little to do with that article on wingchunkuen.com, but, after reading it, (again, I admit, I love rene, I read his articles compulsively).

The article seemed to be missing the 3rd and 4th kicks from the 2nd wc form. Maybe because I havent learned the techniques by thier chinese names?

1st kick: heart piercing kick.
2nd kick: side nailing

the 3rd kick I refer to is where you just raise your leg with no chamber (jeet gerk??), and when you land or hit, shoot out double tan sau.

the 4th kick is the one resembling a lotus kick, towards the end of the form, before the final punches.

Sorry, the only chinese I know is from internet discussion forums............ :eek:

I am also looking for thoughts, discussion, and websites/articles concerning leg trapping and wc stickylegs :eek:

Thanks in advance

fa_jing
11-01-2002, 11:51 AM
1st of all, I don't think that article included all of the kicks in the Sum Numg/YKS system. Second, they practice a different version of the second form.

teazer
11-01-2002, 12:22 PM
The article seemed to be missing the 3rd and 4th kicks from the 2nd wc form. Maybe because I havent learned the techniques by thier chinese names?

They sound like two more applications of heart-piercing to me.

reneritchie
11-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Teazer is correct. They would be variations of the core 'heart piercing kick'. "Chambering" would be a function of kneeing, obstructing, avoiding, etc. while direction like slanting would likewise be a function of application (position of opponent and time available for reaction).

BTW- Major credit for that article belongs to my classmate, Antony Casella, and his Mrs., Georgia Dow.

RR