PDA

View Full Version : red palms and power points

Iron Wrist
11-01-2002, 11:21 AM
first off id like to know if my palms should be a bright red all the time. Second, any comments on the reality of power points?

Repulsive Monkey
11-02-2002, 05:39 AM
Absolutely not, that shows too much heat being present there and the inablilty of the body to push it out.

Wjat do you mean exactly by power points?

Iron Wrist
11-07-2002, 08:23 AM
by power points i mean the acupressure points that increase speed and power.

Repulsive Monkey
11-07-2002, 10:52 AM
You won't actually find any specific go-faster points on the hand c'os the function of all the points are all medical and energetic. By clearing channels one can free up the use of that part of the arm hand but there aren't any points which will go faster of make the hand as such more powerful. Where did you get that idea from?

TaoBoy
11-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Your red palms definitely indicate heat. You should visit a TCM practitioner to get the heat removed from your system as it can have some sever effects if left for too long unattended.

As for 'power points' - I have no idea what you mean.

Iron Wrist
11-15-2002, 07:40 AM
the idea of "power points" came from Kung fu Qi gong, nov/dec 2002. the article was "the healing world of chi gong - part 2"

Repulsive Monkey
12-13-2002, 09:15 AM
I think you have to be careful with definitions because that article from what you say seems to suggest a general lack of knowledge in TCM and point functions for that area of the body. The definition of the word power if it is seen as to make you faster/stronger etc is erroneous and you won't get anything from it from there. If what you are alluding to is the premise of the article then the article is probably wrong.

Stacey
12-17-2002, 07:34 PM
acupoints release. They aren't turbo buttons

Repulsive Monkey
12-18-2002, 10:31 AM
points have a number of functions they don't just release, they can strengthen, sedate, harmonize, drain, release, accumulate, paralyse, can create cold and heat, etc there are many different functions for acupoints.

David Jamieson
12-20-2002, 06:13 PM
if you deliver flyers for the target store in your area, your palms will be bright red from the ink rubbing off on them :D

you could have a lot of capillaries in your hands and strong blood flow to them. Do they feel bad?

power points...hmmmm, more semantics, not even gonna guess.

redness is also caused by too much friction, like when rope climbing, or you know what. hahahahaha. Just joshin.

If it doesn't feel bad, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

peace