PDA

View Full Version : Kung fu in saturday morning cartoons

SevenStar
11-02-2002, 06:19 PM
I was flipping channels this morning and ran across a show called "Kim Possible" The villain in today's episode was called monkey fist, and he knew tai shing pek kwar. I wonder if they consulted paulie zink on it? :D

Chang Style Novice
11-02-2002, 06:35 PM
Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

Hau Tien
11-02-2002, 06:39 PM
*Ahem*

Testing my new signature :P

SevenStar
11-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Royce would choke Jackie Chan in his own cartoon!

Chang Style Novice
11-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Uncle would thwack Royce upside the head with a blowfish.

Umo gwai gwai fai di sao! Umo gwai gwai fai di sao! Umo gwai gwai fai di sao!

SevenStar
11-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Uncle is a bad arse, but I dunno... I think Royce would at least arm bar him or somethin

MonkeySlap Too
11-02-2002, 07:06 PM
I want to see a Chang Tung Sheng cartoon. Every episode would be him sitting around not talking much, then beating the crap out of anyone who tried to touch his guitar.

Heck, that could be a Western.

SifuAbel
11-03-2002, 03:39 AM
"I wonder if they consulted paulie zink on it?"

Gods, I hope not. It would look gay.

Kristoffer
11-03-2002, 05:29 AM
"Don't touch my guitar"

LOL :D

GeneChing
11-05-2002, 11:47 AM
I only hope she makes it to the big screen and Britney Spears is cast in here role.

My wife saw an episode of Clifford where one of Clifford's friends wanted to be a martial arts instructor when he grew up and another character, the snotty girl (can't remember her name) said that wasn't a real career. My wife said the episode carried the theme where they all went to train and so on. She said it was really hilarious. Gotta see that one!

SevenStar
11-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Gene, did you check out my "Sidekicks" Thread? Picture this - the series is brought to DVD and martialartsmart.com is the ONLY company selling them....

Budokan
11-06-2002, 02:29 PM
My little boys watch Clifford, but I've yet to see that episode. I'll have to keep an eye out for it! But are we talking about the same Clifford, the big red dog...?

GeneChing
11-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Yep, that's the one. Clifford and Emily Elizabeth. My girl watches it too - she even has a stuffed Clifford.

Show me the link to the sidekicks thread. I remember it but forget the referent.

SevenStar
11-06-2002, 07:06 PM
http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17393

From what I understand, the rights to sell the episodes were never given to anyone. He still has a lot of fans out there, and there are people who'd buy them just cuz they watched it as a kid and liked it.

SevenStar
11-06-2002, 07:10 PM
My son has a stuffed Clifford also. I've never seen a single solitary episode of the cartoon, he loves the books. He'd flip if he knew there was a cartoon.

rubthebuddha
11-06-2002, 11:17 PM
but would he flip out and kill someone, or maybe kick his mom in the head? :confused:

GeneChing
11-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Sidekicks - It's sort of like when you have an hangover and somebody reminds you of the hideous fool you made of yourself the night before. OK, not that bad...;) You gotta understand that I'm from the SF Bay Area and watched Ernie Reyes rise from child prodigy to ninja turtle right here. I think I only saw one episode of Sidekicks.

Anyway, still keeping an eye out for the Clifford episode. They repeat frequently since it's part of PBS kids and is one every day, but I can only catch it on the weekends obviously (I'm not recording Clifford - I do want to see that episode but not that badly.)