PDA

View Full Version : shenmue anyone?

lau gar
11-03-2002, 04:57 AM
has anyone played shenmue, a great video game his styles supposed to be jujitsu but he learns a load of moves from all styles shenmue 2 is now coming out on xbox, i myself played 1 and 2 on dreamcast

Kristoffer
11-03-2002, 05:27 AM
I'll ****ing KILL Bill Gates and his *****s at microsoft. Why why why is Shenmue 3 coming out on X-Box???

*sob*

Hold me... :(

lau gar
11-03-2002, 05:49 AM
did u hv a dreamcast ?i did

SevenStar
11-03-2002, 09:30 AM
I have shenmue 1, but I don't have a memory card, so I never put a whole lor of energy into playing the game, since I can't save it. What I've seen of it is excellent though. I need to get a memory card so I can try to get further in the game. I may check half.com for one. In the meantime, most of my Dreamcast energy is spent playing virtua fighter 3

lau gar
11-03-2002, 01:11 PM
i'll probably get a xbox so i can continue the shenmue saga get a memory card the games great actually you could even say that the quick timer events eg.gang member punches you hit x which makes ryo perform a lock or strike or whatever shenmue 2 which i reccomend you get aswell lets you do quick timer events with the analouge stick

Chang Style Novice
11-03-2002, 01:13 PM
Lau gar, I've got something for you.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
;;;;;;;;;:::::::::::::

Use as needed.

lau gar
11-03-2002, 01:44 PM
yeh yeh yeh whenim writing in a hurry i miss out grammar

Yung Apprentice
11-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Beat the first Shenmue, it was my favorite game. I bought an X-Box because I knew that Shenmue 2 was coming out for it.(Shenmue 2 wasn't released in the U.S by Dreamcast) Halo became my favorite game, but I'm hoping Shenmue 2 will regain it's title. Have yet to play it.

Cipher
11-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Man, I always wanted to play Shenmue. How much would a used DreamCast and Shenmue cost me?

I was interested in that game when they first started talking about it. It looks awsome. I will definatly have to try it out.

Silumkid
11-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Shenmue was a cool game. I don't think the Ryo's fighting style was so much "ju-jitsu" as it is Virtua Fighter moves. Akira's rushing elbow for instance.

I didn't know Shenmue 2 ever came out on DC....and I just dumped my DC a couple weeks ago too. Oh well.

Yung Apprentice
11-07-2002, 02:10 PM
It did come out, just not a U.S. version. They had a Japanese version, which unless you read and speak Japanese can be difficult to play. And there is a European version which I heard is English, but left out some things from the Japanese version.

Kristoffer
11-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Since obviously I have a dreamcast and played the euro version of Shemnue 1 and 2. I was wondering:

How was the gameplay at the X-box version of the game>? Izzit good? sucky? I'm wondering coz I have yet to decided wich cosole I should get. I TOTALLY hate the x-box controller. iTS SO STATIC AND RIGID. But I know I will HAVE to buy it when shenmue 3 is comming out. *sigh* :( I am a shenmue fanatic. http://www.shenmuedojo.com/

peace.. (answer my question)

Souljah
11-12-2002, 03:48 PM
shenmue dojos a good site.....i'd liketo know whether there are any places i can dl the bin and cue for the xbox game and emulate it? I've tried packet news for mirc but could not find it there.....:( :(

neito
11-12-2002, 03:52 PM
hey i just rented shenmue 2 for x-box. very enjoyable. of course i am not good at such games so my little brother plays while i watch. excellent story.

Yung Apprentice
11-12-2002, 04:51 PM
I'll probably get it by christmas!!

Kristoffer- Yeah the controller is a lil hard to get used to. But, you can buy a smaller controller (I think it's called S-type) and it's a lot smaller and better than the bigger one. I got a couple of them and my friends have no problems with it.

Kristoffer
11-13-2002, 04:55 AM
Neito - :) Just watching it is amazing too.

Yung Apprentice - Oh yeah I've seen those in the store. I'm just afraid that the whole 'feeling' will be ruined. I mean compared to the dreamcast controller u know? But I guess we'll have to trust Yu Suzuki..