PDA

View Full Version : ATT:WATERDRAGON, Zhan Zhuang folks

scotty1
11-04-2002, 06:08 AM
Hi

Just a quick question. Before I started my zhan zhuang posture training I did an hour of wuxi (?) stance (just standing, relaxed) and then 100 days of the same, but for 10/15 minutes.

The idea being that by the end of the 100 days you can stand for 15 minutes completely relaxed, not feeling the urge to move, and this is an indicator that you may start the posture training.

I did this, and my posture training is going well. From 3 minutes I can now reach 15, without the use of muscle tension.

My girlfriend wishes to start doing this chikung with me, and she has stood for one hour. Now, where I found it difficult to stay in one place for 20 minutes, let alone one hour, she finds it easy, and relaxing.

Waterdragon, you said to me at the end of the 100 days something like if you can stand and feel relaxed, and not feel the urge to move, you're probably ready to start the posture.

Well, she can do that already, after 4 or 5 15 minute sessions, so do you think it may be a waste of time for her to do this?

Thanks. All opinions welcome!

Dan from Wahnam, maybe you have an opinion? Any thoughts on the use of wuxi stance with Xhan Zhuang in general would be interesting, I know that Sifu Wong Kiew Kit advocates at least 5 minutes at the end of a Zhan Zhuang session.

scotty1
11-05-2002, 06:42 AM
ttt
come on folks:)

shadow
11-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Some people are just naturally, more relaxed than others. Best advise, I can give you, is hang in there. the results are well worth the effort.