PDA

View Full Version : Wang Xiang Zhai info

Jim Roselando
11-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Hello,

Wang Xiang Zhai wrote a few books while he was alive. I am trying to find out if anyone knows if they are still in print and where can I purchase them? Also, I would be interested in knowing if there are any good books written by his disciples or Yi Chuan decendants? I have Warriors of Stillness 2 and found it to be very nice but would like to read more so any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

apham4
11-04-2002, 01:23 PM
if you're interested in zhanzhuang, I've enjoyed the book "The Way of Energy" by Kam Lam Chuen. It's more about standing meditation.

Ka
11-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Hi check out www.yiquan.com
and www.yiquan.com.pl
I think Andrzej may be working on tranlations of some of the small essays that WXZ wrote about MA and Yiquan.
Hope that usefull

Jim Roselando
11-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the info.. I have already come accross Andrzej's web pages and found them to be very nice. Perhaps I may look into that Zhan Zhuang book so thanks a lot. Does anyone know if Wang Xiang Zhai's own books are still available or are they out of print?

Regards,

Ka
11-07-2002, 01:16 AM
As far as I have heard you can find them in China written in chinese,I am not aware of any direct translations of his work that have been published in english.There is a book by Wang Xuanjie called Dachengquan which is published in english and has some translations of WXZ work. If you haven't already I think you would also enjoy J Diepersloot WOS vol1.I would recommend contacting the Yao brothers and asking if they can send transcripts of his work,then you can get it translated over here.
I wish you luck,WXZ was without a doubt a true comtemporary MA practioner.

RichToo
11-08-2002, 07:40 AM
Jim,

Li Jiong offers a translation of one of Wang's books, along with some interesting articles at

http://www.yiquando.com

Timo Heikkila offers some e-book translations and articles at

http://members.surfeu.fi/yiquan/e-index.htm

Rich