PDA

View Full Version : Why is it? heh

cha kuen
11-04-2002, 01:35 PM
Wong Shun Leung lineage? Oh they like to do this and this. Their rolling is a bit different because their theory is that ....

Tsui Seung Tin's guys like to do this because they feel that if your elbow is here then you can't hit here...

Leung Sheung guys prefer to go here because if you're over here then you're open...

And so on....

What's Yip Man's lineage like? How come we hear about distinct approaches in all lineages but never find common things in the Yip Man lineage from all those "secret students?"

I thought that was interesting and kind of funny. heh

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&)

anerlich
11-04-2002, 02:48 PM
If you look for similarities between lineages as hard as you have looked for differences, I'm sure you'll find them.

If all you look for is politics, ego and divisiveness, that's all you'll find.

It would feel very sorry for you if all you found in Yip Man WC was that.:(

cha kuen
11-04-2002, 07:47 PM
You talk as if I look for negative aspects (differences) between lineages but I don't.

It was just a simple thought- with many secret door students you hardly find any similarities. You're reading into my post too much.

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&)

Wingman
11-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Understandably, there are differences between lineages because each person is unique. Say for example, there are 20 kids in the class. Their teacher taught them how to write the alphabet. All 20 kids are taught the same thing by the same teacher. But if you ask each of them to write the alphabet, there will be 20 different A's, 20 different B's, etc.

Now, how did that happen?

canglong
11-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Cha kuen, the fact that a lineage would be using heuristics is an answer in and of itself, but you probably already knew that didn't you.

S.Teebas
11-04-2002, 10:22 PM
Different people place different importance on different aspects of their training.