PDA

View Full Version : San Shou tourney trend

Cipher
11-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Were do you guts think most of the good San Shou tourneys take place at. From the little I have seen it looks like CA and NY take the cake. In CA does San Jose have most of them or what other places?

The reason I am wondering is I have a Uncle in that lives LA so I might be able to hook up with him to and attend a tourney.

Anyone know how far driving it is from LA to San Jose or any other CA hot spots for San Shou? Thanks for any info.

Suntzu
11-04-2002, 02:11 PM
so far this year i have been to New Orleans twice, San Jose and Biloxi, MS... there was just one in New Jersey... I missed 2 i think in Florida... there is one comming up in San Fran... so if u can figure out a trend from that... and i know Fairtek has a monthly 'smoker' once a month if i'm not mistaken in San Fran... dont know how much of that is San Shou tho...

Cipher
11-04-2002, 02:22 PM
Haha, I guess it is kind of spread out. Florida would be another good place for me since I have a lot of family there.

How do you get the schedules and stuff for all of the different tourneys? So far the only place I know is to check out is sanshou.com and they don't seem to have very many listed just the big ones. So is there any good place to find dates and details for most of the major places or do you find out by word of mouth were you train?

Suntzu
11-04-2002, 02:26 PM
u can look here (http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/)