PDA

View Full Version : How do you train at home?

cha kuen
11-04-2002, 11:22 PM
Hey everyone,

How do you guys train at home? Or do you train at home? I know it's pretty tough to push yourself and get some good training in when you're not in class. For those who do, what type of stuff do you do? Forms? Hit the bag? And for those that don't, perhaps this post can help you guys get ideas.

I'm just interested in hearing how you guys train at home. =]

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

stuartm
11-05-2002, 02:24 AM
Hi Cha Kuen,

Dummy, bag, forms, drilling in the air, a little weights. I think thats how most of us train aint it?? Im also lucky enough to be able to teach privately on the weekends and one weekday class so i think im doing OK.

Some times i 'spar' a bit with my girlfriend ..(when she's in the mood!)

Regards, Stuart

old jong
11-05-2002, 07:47 AM
I train everydays. I do the forms a few times each.I hit the wallbag,do a little weights.Practice timings etc.
But,I can't sparr with my wife using Wing Chun because she's only interrested in ''grappling''!

Martial Joe
11-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Intrested in grappling eh.

For me, I dont train on my own alot, I work on my footwork thats about it.

Vyvial
11-05-2002, 04:52 PM
When I watch tv, I'll do punchs or Siu Nim Tao. You can do a SNT for three minutes every commercial that's about 15 minutes for a hour long show. I luckily live right next store to my school so I can work on the dummy or sao bow training anytime of day.

cha kuen
11-05-2002, 06:06 PM
We have some good posts. For myself, I feel that there's not much to do training wing chun on my own. I do my SLT, stepping drills and a few hundred relaxed punches. I don't have the luxury of touching hands yet.

Perhaps my horse is the most important thing to me at this point in my wc.

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

Neurotic
11-06-2002, 12:48 AM
I train on my own every day.

I do all sorts of different things:
Forms
Running (Long distance, and short sprints)
Application technique drills
Repetitious punching and/or kicking
Shadow Boxing (open hand / with weapons)
Calasthenic stuff - i.e. pushups, sit ups etc
Weights

I'm sure there are a few more around. I have a online training diary I keep on another small forum with some other people.

It always goes for an interesting read.

Neurotic

quiet man
11-06-2002, 02:03 AM
This is my first post and i would like to say - hi everyone :)

I think it's very important to train on your own. My training at home consists of:
- Siu Lim Tao, stretching, chain punching/chain kicking, turning/stepping Quan Sao, drilling various elements from SLT (Taan Sao, Bong Sao, Pak Sao...) etc.

It would be better if I had a sparring partner, but that's no excuse - there are things you can and must do on your own.

gnugear
11-06-2002, 09:28 PM
I train a little bit throughout the entire day, rather than in one big chunk. It's the only way I can make time. I do the forms, turning, sandbag, stepping, etc.