PDA

View Full Version : How do you train at home?

cha kuen
11-04-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone,

How do you guys train at home? Or do you train at home? I know it's pretty tough to push yourself and get some good training in when you're not in class. For those who do, what type of stuff do you do? Forms? Hit the bag? And for those that don't, perhaps this post can help you guys get ideas.

I'm just interested in hearing how you guys train at home. =]

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

TaiChiStorm
11-05-2002, 04:45 AM
Hey Cha Kuen
I am forced to practice regularly at home because we only have class two times a week. I have the advantage of having a place in the garden where I can do forms. It is still not enough space for the whole form but doesn't matter. If there is a park or something nearby, you can also get up early in the morning and train before work. :)
What you can do in almost every appartment is stances with basic punshes. It is a bit boring, but it is very good for your technics. Generally, forms and stances are the most important thing anyway!!! (Just the opinion of my master and me)
Greets
TCS

Skarbromantis
11-05-2002, 03:25 PM
I live in a apartrment, so it makes it even harder, but I do stance work, kicking drills, and my forms, also, light sparring with my stepson, space doesnt matter, you can train in a space the size of an elevator.:D

Skard1

baldmantiz
11-05-2002, 03:38 PM
i live in an apartment....in buffalo...we will soon be under 5 ft. of snow....luckily there is a basement with mats set up...i go down there and practice forms and go through the movements for throws/joint locks...etc

puma
11-05-2002, 06:51 PM
I live in an apartment in detroit training in forms or techniques really isn't a problem as far as space is concerned.....I only know one form anyway and learning another now...
However, when I want to speed up the pace a little bit....I usually go in the basement of my building where there is plenty of room.