PDA

View Full Version : TST Guys

Miles Teg
11-05-2002, 01:29 AM
Hey TST guys!
How do you guys do the double hand thing in the beginning of the form?

I know the point where the arms cross should/traditionally go from a straight line, low to high. I was just wondering if any of you guys do it in an arche.

This is just something I have been theorizing about, which I might talk about later, I was just wondering if anyone does it first.

Non tst people: I know it should be a straight line and why.

S.Teebas
11-05-2002, 05:49 AM
How do you guys do the double hand thing in the beginning of the form?

Just make sure the basics are on, and move to where you want to go.

I know the point where the arms cross should/traditionally go from a straight line, low to high. I was just wondering if any of you guys do it in an arche.

Your joints naturally move in an arch (like the hands on a clock).

yuanfen
11-05-2002, 07:13 AM
Non tst people: I know it should be a straight line and why
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Since this is a TST folks conversation...with their own explanation-
I will butt out. There is another way of doing it- also with pretty good reason.

S.Teebas
11-05-2002, 09:41 AM
im interested in hearing it..

yylee
11-05-2002, 10:08 AM
I was taught this way: this double hand thing is done mostly (or completely) with the shoulder joints, the angle at the elbow does not change. So naturally it moves along an arc. If you look at the person doing it from the front, the two forearms also travel along circular paths. It is like two Tan Sau's steering towards the shoulder line from low to high. It looks like the two hands are doing the low-high together, one hand touching the other, but in the mind we do it seperately. Think of them as two independent movements but synchronized.

joy chaudhuri
11-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Teebas- since you asked. We just dont go bottom to top- we roll
in and out at the same time- kwan sao. We learn the kwan sao early. It's a very imprtant motion.We do not lose focus on the centerline- if anything it is heightened.

Miles Teg
11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Sorry Joy
I didnt mean to exclude anyone, I just expected some people would come on and say `the cross should go on in straight line any thing else would be against W.C principles!`. In the WC school I used to train in this was very important.

I dont really have a clear idea of what you actually do. When you roll in and out are you still moving up and down, when and how does the quan sau come in to play?

I guess a lot of people do it in an arche then. I just thought that the arche would demonstrate the line where your limbs are the most powerful while in a bent position. Like a line of maximin force.

yuanfen
11-05-2002, 06:08 PM
No problem Miles- by nature I try to avoid butting in on conversations that are addessed withina group. Helps me keep
me out of more trouble than I get into any way.
On the subject- that arc is an important component and the close(hands rolling near each other) kwan sao from the crossing hand -sup gee sao (bottom to up) strengthens that arc.

S.Teebas
11-05-2002, 09:46 PM
yuanfen,

We just dont go bottom to top- we roll in and out at the same time- kwan sao.

Yep we do the same. I was using the clock hand anology to try and get miles thinking; to work this out himself (i think its the best way to learn).

By Kwan sau are you refering to the similar mechanics of shoulder joint rotating inwards and elbow joint out similtaniously?