PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Explorers

Eddie
11-05-2002, 04:54 AM
Totally off topic, but I think you guys would like this.

In school, we were taught that the Portuguese were the first “civilised” people to have sailed around the South point of Africa. In fact, it was the Portuguese who “Discovered” Southern Africa. The Dutch were said to have been the first non African people who travelled inland, and therefore being seen as the first people who “tamed” Africa.

Some time back, there were people who speculated that the Indians might have come before the Europeans. At some archaeology site, they excavated some ruins which resembled ancient Hindu/Buddhist temples, and for a while there were some people who wanted to proof this to be true.

Over this past weekend, I saw on a local news program, that they have just found a Silk Map, dated between 600 and 800 years old which proved that the Chinese were actually the first to have discovered Africa. At this site, which is located in an Eastern Central province, they found this silk map with the Chinese text and a basic outline of southern Africa and the natural borders which makes up the Republic of South Africa as we know it. This is really amazing, as the first Dutch settlers only arrived in SA in 1652. If this map is 600 – 800 years old, this could mean allot to Historians.

We accredit so much to China, Ice Cream, Fire Works, Gun Powder, and Martial Arts, but we never really think of the Chinese as explorers. If you look at the distance between South East Africa and China, it’s remarkable to think that they sailed so far during those days. They must have had the proper technology so to speak to make this journey.

I know this is just a bit of useless info, but I thought to share it with you all.
e

psycho monk
11-05-2002, 08:58 AM
Interesting Thanks a lot Eddie

RAIN
11-05-2002, 09:30 AM
edduan

i think is very nice to you know that new info about sudafrica . you can feel more close now to the chinese culture you love .

i was sending a lot of emails about the tai chi info you ask me . do you'd read them ?

Ego_Extrodinaire
11-08-2002, 04:46 PM
People:

Eddie is an example of someone who is more into the cultural aspects of kung fu than kung fu itself.

chen zhen
11-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Take a major chill-pill, ego.

Eddie
11-11-2002, 02:58 AM
Ego,
once again you supply some humor to the forum.
Actually, you are very right. These days I am more interested in cultural aspeacts of kung fu. I have been involved with fighting for most of my life (I love fighting) but due to a brain tumor lower right side, I cannot focus to much on fighting anymore. Besides, there is so much more to kung fu than just worrieng about fighting. The cultural aspects gives us food for thought, and when you get older, it becomes pretty important to exercise your brain.

Keep up the good post Ego. With out you, this forum would be no fun :p

I should tell you about this guy I once met who is now trying to design a wheelchair which he could use to ride (or skate) on a half pipe with.

chen zhen
11-16-2002, 10:44 AM
I think ego meant it in a negative way...

David Jamieson
11-16-2002, 11:18 AM
I've read that the monk "hu zheng" came to the americas in the 500's a.d ce.

and there is the evidence of walls built along the califoria coastline that are said to be chinese in origin.

hmmmmn.

peace

Eddie
11-18-2002, 08:20 AM
chen zen,
I know. who really takes his post seriously anyways.
e

guohuen
11-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Around this same time the art and architecture of central america started to show some chinese influence. The chihuahua dog of the provence of the same name in mexico is though to be of chinese origin.

David Jamieson
11-20-2002, 05:33 PM
It will be a great day when the "euro-imperialists" release the true history of civilization instead of making it all veiled with shows about "ancient mysteries".

I'm getting tired of the ol' "we'll never know" line that gets thrown at us by conventional wisdom. Obviously many civilizations has sea faring peoples.

Some mummies in egypt have been found to contain tobacco and cocaine. "so" you may say. But this means they had trade with the americas which is the only place tobacco and cocaine come from or at least, in those times.

between all these so called "grand" lodges of knowledge, we the seekers are just getting a pack of obfuscated goat milk lies from these peeps.

And darn it, I've had it with people who withhold information. They suck, they really really suck.

And that means you smithsoniam institution and society for the research of egyptian antiquities, tibetologists etc etc etc. Old boys club BS!!!!!

I call shenanigans on them all and their convoluted horse dookie!
And anyone else like em.

There I've said it and if the illuminati wants me offed then send in the clowns!

Otherwise, keep looking for truth and don't be disuaded by your own misgivings.

peace

sing fu
11-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Eddie,

They actually have some evidence that Australia was visited by Chinese traders long before the British and Dutch, and that they traded with Northern Territory aboriginal tribes. It stands to reason if they were also doing trade in Indonesia, Malaysia etc too. But AFRICA - that's far!!