PDA

View Full Version : Moy Yat Kung Fu now in TX

Vyvial
11-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Just to let you all know... We are a Moy Tung branch school out of Richmond, VA and Hollywood, CA that started about 4 months ago and have been very well received in TX. We have allready developed a fairly large group of students and have other family members also from Moy Yat Schools in Tallahassee, Philly, and Iowa City. Anyone in TX is invited to come by and visit, you can contact us at 512.736.4753 or moyyat@austin.rr.

Water Dragon
11-05-2002, 12:42 PM
What is Moy Yat? Sounds Southern.

Martial Joe
11-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Moy Yat was a wing chun guy.

rogue
11-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Moy Yat site (http://www.moyyat.com/origins.htm)

Old Moy had more on his mind than just Chum Kiu. Just check out some of Moy Yats, ummm art by following the gallery link to his blush strokes. :D

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 10:07 PM
I couldn't help but notice that Vyvial's home page is nothing but a store selling clothes, coffee mugs, and fanny packs. I do hope there's more to your kungfu than that.

edit -

This should not be construed as an insult to your skills or lineage. I know basically nothing of wing chun/ving tsun or whatever variants may exist. Heck, I know precious little about the system I'm studying, as I am a novice. However, I think it prudent to offer more information and less merchandise on an official site.

Vyvial
11-05-2002, 10:53 PM
no problem, you are very right... However that's just a shop for students to get class shirts and other junk, if that address is up as a school address than its probably wrong. We have a student working on a site for us in austin. I wish I knew anything about web design but I don't...

here are the sites for real info on Moy Yat Kung Fu:

Moy yat site is at http://www.moyyat.com

Another one from Iowa school and Sifu Moy Tung is http://www.kungfu-videos.com

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Well, I found it by checking your profile. I've seen the moyyat.com site before, because I noticed your flyers around near my school and home (they're only a few blocks apart.) That's probably the better one to put in the profile until the site for your ATX school is done.

I gather you're pretty new to town?

Vyvial
11-05-2002, 11:08 PM
I've been here about a year but have just been doing a lot of private training and travelling to seminars until we were ready to start a school. Are you one of Paul's students at Tai Chi People?

Sorry about the flyers littering your route to school, I hate them but at least I have students willing to do them I guess.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 11:09 PM
"Are you one of Paul's students at Tai Chi People?"

Yep. Name's Austin. I gather from looking over your other posts that you are Tom. Pleased to meetcha.

Vyvial
11-05-2002, 11:15 PM
No actually, I'm Aaron.

If you mean Tom Kagen, that's my kung fu uncle from NY

I enjoy Shifu Paul quite a lot, best herbs in town. I try to talk to him every chance I get.

Hope to meet you some day.

--Aaron Vyvial

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 11:18 PM
D'oh!

Pleased to meetcha, Aaron.