PDA

View Full Version : Sum Nung's passing...

churn-ging
11-05-2002, 02:29 PM
I am sorry to say that I just found out that Sifu Sum Nung has passed away. I went to Rene's website and he has a tribute to him there. If you all could, please follow the link and sign the guessbook.

http://www.wingchunkuen.com

I am not one of his students or in his lineage, but from everything that I have heard about him, he was truely one of the greats of Wing Chun.

May he rest in peace

taltos
11-05-2002, 03:35 PM
I am sorry to hear of the loss. My heart and wishes go out to the family and friends of Grandmaster Sum Nung. He will be missed.

-Levi

old jong
11-05-2002, 04:08 PM
A great loss for the Wing Chun world in general. Sincere condoleances to his family and his students/lineage.

yuanfen
11-05-2002, 06:27 PM
It is a real loss. I hope folks remember to sign the book on Rene's site for forwarding condolences to the family.

reneritchie
11-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone. We received word Sunday morning, but wanted to give the family some time before announcing anything. This being the information age, however, it was perhaps a little naive, so we put that up today. In any event, everyone is still rather stunned and shocked by the suddeness of it all.

stonecrusher69
11-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Sorry to here of the loss of Grandmaster Sum Nung.My condolences to the family and students.

David Peterson
11-05-2002, 07:14 PM
Like others who post here, I too never had the privilege of meeting or training with Grandmaster Sum Nung, nor am I of his lineage. However, as a member of the extended Wing Chun Family, and as someone who has heard many good things about the gentleman, may I also offer my condolences to his Family, Students, Friends and Admirers from myself and my students.
May he Rest in Peace
DMP

rubthebuddha
11-05-2002, 11:30 PM
:(

I never knew the man, but his students are great people, and we can be thankful for his influence on them.

may he rest in peace, and the coming months for his loved ones and students be peaceful as well.

Mr. Bao
11-05-2002, 11:55 PM
I never knew the man who they called grandmaster Sum Nung and never had the chance to see his wing chun methology in person. I am however sorry for the students of Sum Nung that they lost a man whom they cherished and had fond memories of.

My heart and all my good will goes out to each of you. May you cope with grandmaster Sum Nung's death with the memory of what he gave you and with your sincere practice of his art.

I heard he was a gentleman and a fine martial artist. It is a lost to the kung fu world. Best regards and stay strong.