PDA

View Full Version : Master Raymond Ly

michaelwang
11-05-2002, 06:44 PM
It is with great sorrow that I share the news of the passing of Master Raymond Ly.

A funeral was held on Tuesday, November 5, 2002, between the hours of 9 am and 1 pm at:

Dalcamo Funeral Home
470 W. 26th St.
Chicago, IL 60616

Many people came to pay their respects. For those who did not know Master Ly, more information about him can be found at sevenstarmantis.com.

Michael Wang
Student of Sifu Yamel Torres

Sifu Yamel Torres
Disciple of Master Raymond Ly (Ming Loy)

puma
11-05-2002, 07:54 PM
****...I just read an article about him kung fu qigong a few months ago....rest in peace

Nevermind
11-06-2002, 01:42 PM
My condolences to his family, friends, and students. Rest in peace.

KickingMantis
11-08-2002, 02:02 PM
The Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu Community has suffered several losses this year with the loss of Grandmaster Chu Chi Man, Master Brendan Lai and now Master Ly.

sympathy to their family, friends and students.

nathan chukueke
11-13-2002, 11:07 PM
We of the Chiu Luen sect would like to send our respects and best wishes to the LY family and his students. The passing of Sifu Ly, is a great tragedy to the northern mantis community at large, and to us here in New York personally: to lose a fellow gung fu brother, so senior in the organization is painful.

We spiritual support our brethren in Chicago. Let it be known to them and others, they are NOT alone. They are in our prayers and best wishes in this time of grief. We are losing too many of our senior teachers lately. In time, we must reflect on the future as we remeber our rich pass.

Om Peace

Nathan Chukueke
Under Chi Luen

phantom
11-22-2002, 07:54 AM
My condolences to all of his family, friends, and students. May he rest in peace.

JL174
12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
I was saddened & shocked to hear of Raymond's passing. my condolences to his family, friends & students.

R.I.P. Raymond, I will miss you.

EarthDragon
05-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Myself and my studetns at kung fu USA, send our condolences and love to his students and family, he will be missed greatly.

B.Tunks
05-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Terrible news.
Another great master gone...
Rest In Peace Master Raymond Ly. Your achievments will not be forgotten.

Respect from the Tanglang Quan She, Australia.

Brendan Tunks

JL174
05-13-2004, 05:56 AM
http://www.sevenstarmantis.com/content.html

a great memorial for a good guy.

thanks for the link.

MantisifuFW
05-13-2004, 07:33 AM
List Members,

I was at a tournament recently where I saw some of the students of Sifu Yamel Torres perform. They were magnificent! There is no greater evidence of a teacher's ability and dedication ot the art than the excellence of his line. Clearly Sifu Ly will continue to be well-represented.

To Sifu Torres and his students my thoughts will be with you in your loss.

Sincerely,

Steve Cottrell