PDA

View Full Version : One very scary site.

Shadow Dragon
11-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi All.

Found this site mentioned on another forum.

Link (http://www.warriorcentral.com/)

Very scary and disturbing.

Note: Don't view this site in front of Kids, at the Office or if you are sensitive to violence, blood & gore.

Besides that.

How many of you are really ready for the realities of street confrontations?

Seeya.

psycho monk
11-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Please forward that site to MonkKiller so he can see a real fight.

TaoBoy
11-05-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, it must be bad 'coz it's been blocked by the filters here at work.

:rolleyes:

Shadow Dragon
11-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Taoboy.

The URl is:

http://www.warriorcentral.com/

Yes, the site is bad, showing real fights and the end-results in a very graphic manner.

TBH, not sure what is worse the Pics or the Guys using them to sell their stuff (MA).

Cheers.

SevenStar
11-05-2002, 10:57 PM
<morpheus>

Welcome to the desert of the real.

</morpheus>

reality is ugly. Did you see that "body slam" clip? Ouch!

SevenStar
11-05-2002, 10:59 PM
The "kicked from behind" one reminded me of someting that happened in high school. My friend got into a fight, and somehow, they managed to open the fire exit at the back of the school bus - my friend kicked the guy out the back of the bus and onto the street while the bus was moving.

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 11:16 PM
the mpe files aren't working for me. I get an "invalid data" messsage. The quicktime stuff is pretty ugly, though. That suplex to concrete looked like no fun at all.

SevenStar
11-05-2002, 11:32 PM
mpe? where are they? all the ones I saw were quicktime movies, not mpegs

Chang Style Novice
11-05-2002, 11:37 PM
"Kicked from behind" for one.

But don't sweat it, I'm going to sleep.

PHILBERT
11-05-2002, 11:39 PM
The one where the guy is hit from behind is MPE.

SevenStar
11-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Odd - my pc brought it up with quicktime

Shadow Dragon
11-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Might be Settings or version probs..

mpg should pop up with either quicktime or Windows Media layer.

Seeya.

Ryu
11-06-2002, 12:19 AM
It's one of Sammy Franco's sites.
The "atmosphere" of that site is to basically show that streetfighting, etc. is not glamorous, "cool", etc. It's disturbing, ugly, rude, abusive, offensive, etc.

A better site for more technical and down to earth training is
www.sammyfranco.com

Ryu

Diu Sao
11-06-2002, 01:37 AM
I've stayed at the Los Angeles county jail for 3 months before and it get's even worse than this stuff. But that's the jist of it. Like I always say expect the worst, you have to fight to survive not to win.

Diu Sao

eulerfan
11-06-2002, 01:45 PM
I found something I'd never really thought of on the site.

The guy advises you to tape yourself sparring so you can see what you're doing. I can't believe I never thought of that.

Has anybody else ever done that?

Diu Sao
11-06-2002, 02:27 PM
I do that every time(video tape). Last night as a matter of fact. It's great. Especially with a good digital camera. The slow motion playback is the best. You can REALLY see what you're doing (or doing wrong). I feel like each time it helps just that much more. I think everyone should do it. Not to mention it's great to watch anyways.

Peace and chicken grease

Diu Sao

guohuen
11-06-2002, 03:28 PM
That guy is a punk a$$hole that is preying on peoples fears for money. BTW, those were pu$$y fights.

LEGEND
11-06-2002, 05:36 PM
I like to get a digital cam corder and tape myself with a GIRL :)
U know...I like to see how I'm doing!!!

Ryu
11-06-2002, 06:35 PM
ewww.......

You know LEGEND......... um if you are only watching yourself you don't "technically" need anyone else for that...

Ryu

SevenStar
11-06-2002, 06:49 PM
After that post you made about your "inferior size" a few weeks ago, I wonder how you get girls...

Shadow Dragon
11-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Legend.

If you need a Video to see how you did, methinks you are doing something wrong.
;) ;)

Cheers.

eulerfan
11-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Come to think of it, I'd like to tape myself doing the katas, as well. I'm sure it would look very different from what I think it looks like.

That could be a huge help.

Shadow Dragon
11-06-2002, 09:03 PM
eulerfan.

Try doing them in front of a LAARGE Mirror.
This way you can make corrections immediately and feel the difference.

Where I train we a fairly big one 4 meters long and over 2 meters tall.
Which we often use to check stances and similar, Sifu also uses it so that we cna get a front and rear view of what he is doing.

If you go to a Gym ask to use the aerobics hall.

Cheers.

Serpent
11-06-2002, 09:17 PM
When you start to use a camcorder, be prepared to be very disappointed with yourself. In sparring and forms it's a lesson in humility before anything else!

eulerfan
11-06-2002, 09:54 PM
ShadowDragon,
that's a great idea. My tai chi is in an aerobics room and it's awsome. Especially for making sure your knee doesn't go past your toes, that your torso is upright.

Serpent,
Yes. I'm a bit scared to see it. But now I have to. ******!

Shadow Dragon
11-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan
ShadowDragon,
that's a great idea. My tai chi is in an aerobics room and it's awsome. Especially for making sure your knee doesn't go past your toes, that your torso is upright.

You do Yang TJQ, traditional or PRC?

Your stances differ from Chen TJQ, got a bit of experience in a yang derived style.

Cheers.

eulerfan
11-06-2002, 10:07 PM
traditional or PRC? What is the difference?

I've only been doing it for about six months. I'm still trying to work out some fairly major bugs. I certainly don't have any real concept of what chi really is, yet.

Shadow Dragon
11-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Eulerfan.

Traditional Yang are the styles that developed from Yang Lu Chan abd his successors.
PRC (Peoples Republic of China) TJQ are goverment sponsored forms for Health development.
Often sold as Yang or used as introductionary forms.

As for "Chi" it means "vital life energy", don't hassle too much about it after only 6 month.

Work your basics, standing meditation, breathing to the abdomen, etc.
You got Chi (everybody does) if your basics come together "Chi" will take care of itself too.

Seeya.

Merryprankster
11-07-2002, 04:34 AM
Yeah... just check out the slam video for those of you that seem to think the surface of a ringfight somehow disadvantages "strikers." Ring surface is the only thing keeping people who can't defend a takedown worth a crap or a slam from getting seriously f'ed up.

TTT for Wrestling, Judo, SC, Sambo, and other takedown styles so we can see a suplesse variation done on asphalt.

Water Dragon
11-07-2002, 08:45 AM
I've been meaning to ask you for a while. Now that you've been on the list for a minute, what's your honest perception of our art as a BJJ/MMA guy? Also, how do you think SC would do in the NHB scene? Of course, we can just wait and see how the Boke guy does :D

Merryprankster
11-07-2002, 12:09 PM
Water,

Most of what I have seen looks sound. I have a feeling that the Boke guy isn't going to be straight SC. He did wrestle amateurly after all and was on the olympic team or alternate or something.

I'd like to see more.

I get really ****ed off though, when I hear about throws that break your leg or elbow or whatever. Can it happen? As always, yes. Are you likely to hit it that well? Not necessarily, especially given that that entry and throw is not something you can practice. It's something you ALMOST practice!

It's similar to me to the guys who think they'll hit a vital spot and disrupt internal organs when it's hard enough to hit a person with their fist. I like the emphasis that SC seems to place on dropping people on their heads though.

I have a feeling I'd really like it if I did it. But I'm just too busy.

All around, what I have seen has been good stuff. I remember a set of video files somebody posted once on here and everybody was going on and on about the throws all these guys from different styles were doing and how practical and useful they were, and they were dissing the "old guy," because he didn't look like he "knew what he was doing."

I remember the old guy was doing an SC demonstration and I thought he was the only one doing any throws worth a rat's ass. They looked really nice!

Stranger
11-07-2002, 12:54 PM
I can think of some pretty hardcore takedowns that I got to see and feel in various martial arts over the years. I wouldn't bet everything on these techniques instantly ending a figt, but I know that they are hard to fall out of even when you know specifically what is coming.