PDA

View Full Version : New Daredevil trailer

PHILBERT
11-07-2002, 08:29 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/daredevil/

This one shows much more action than the other, much more speech, storyline, however from the trailer it looks like Daredevil and Elektra don't meet for the first time in college like in the comic book.

This also raises another question, if they meet in this coffee shop, how can he carry a relationship with her and fight her at the same time and not know it (like Batman Returns)? Raises some questions.

TaoBoy
11-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks Phil.

I'm looking forward to this one.

I wonder when it's due in Oz?

SevenStar
11-07-2002, 10:53 PM
this movie is gonna kick ass, so is The Hulk. I'm looking forward to the next X-Men movie, but I think it would be better if they focused only on wolverine.

Hau Tien
11-07-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
this movie is gonna kick ass, so is The Hulk. I'm looking forward to the next X-Men movie, but I think it would be better if they focused only on wolverine.

Last I heard, it heavily focuses on Wolverine. I read somewhere a bit ago that they were worried it was too MUCH Wolverine to be called "X-Men".

SevenStar
11-08-2002, 09:57 AM
sweet. Hopefully that's the way it is. I'd like to see focus on sabretooth also.

MonkeySlap Too
11-08-2002, 12:47 PM
I think DD is gonna suck. Don't know why, just got that feeling.

Blade 2 sucked too. How could they mess that up after the first one?

fa_jing
11-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Blade II sucked?? I thought it was nice. Although not as scary as the first.

fa_jing
11-08-2002, 01:46 PM
While on the subject of Sci-Fi movies, I just saw Predator II on cable and it was a cool movie.

PHILBERT
11-08-2002, 01:46 PM
I thought Blade 2 was good, but I never considered either to be scary.

Akuma
11-08-2002, 09:30 PM
It looks like there is a lot of sfx. I hope they have a decent plot. One of the reasons I think spider-man was so successful is that it had a good story. I hope DD isn't just gonna be a bunch of matrix style hoo hah and no plot : /

SevenStar
11-08-2002, 10:06 PM
From what I hear, the director is a big DD fan, so he should know all about the story - I think it's gonna be good

MonkeySlap Too
11-08-2002, 11:20 PM
I just saw the full trailer, and I have to admit I really liked Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock.

But Blade 2 still sucked. Which ****es me off, cause Wesley Snipes has action hero written all over him.

PHILBERT
11-09-2002, 12:28 AM
What I wonder is wheather the ignorant will say "It has Batman Returns written all over it." Because in Batman Returns ya got Catwoman and Batman, who fight while dressed up but are lovers under the mask. In this movie ya got Daredevil and Elektra, same thing (except in the comic she becomes the Ninja after her and Matt split). But then again this story is older than Batman Returns, but still...

Akuma
11-09-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
From what I hear, the director is a big DD fan, so he should know all about the story - I think it's gonna be good

I hope you're right. It certainly looks good so far :)

And hot dang, that woman in it is HOT!!!!!!(who is she?)

nospam
11-09-2002, 11:13 AM
aFFLECK as DD. :eek:

Man...I hope the FX kick, otherwise firgitabout it...

nospam.
:cool:

SevenStar
11-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by nospam
aFFLECK as DD. :eek:

Man...I hope the FX kick, otherwise firgitabout it...

nospam.
:cool:

That was the same thing I thought about tobey in Spider-Man, before I saw it. Now, I don't think they could've picked a better on than him. So who knows, Affleck may surprise us. Also, like I said, The director is a big DD fan, so FX or not, the story should be good.

Chang Style Novice
11-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Well, considering that Daredevil is basically a Batman 'tribute', it certainly shouldn't be surprising that the Daredevil movie takes after the Batman movie.

Problem is, I HATE the Batman movies, and Ben Affleck. I'll probably be skipping this one.

My fantasy Batman movie:

Dir: Sam Peckinpah
Script: Peckinpah, based on Frank Miller's "Year One"
Batman/Bruce Wayne: Ray Liotta
Commissioner Gordon: Robert Mitchum
Selina Kyle/Catwoman: Jean Seberg

for the sequel, base it on Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke", the second sequel should be based on Matt Wagner's "Faces" I'll cast the Joker and Twoface later, as well as directors for the sequels.

and yes, with this cast and crew the films would be chronologically impossible to make. So?

PHILBERT
11-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Its the chick from that tv show Alias.

Akuma
11-10-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Its the chick from that tv show Alias.

I'm gonna have to check out Alias. I've heard for ages that it's not a bad show :)

How could it be a bad show with a gal like that? :D

Come to think of it, Dark Angel is pretty good too

:p :D :D :D

Kristoffer
11-10-2002, 06:00 AM
**** YOU MARVEL!!!!! I can't ****ing beleive they would allowe anyone to make such a CRAPPY piece of ****-of-a-trailer to DD!!! I'm so disapointed. This looks like a ****ing episode of Xena. Is that like the most crappy action you've ever seen? OMG! Afflec i sok as DD. He got talent as an actor. But who the **** is playing Electra? First of all, shes got RED hair. Electra is a GREEK woman. In what trailor dump did they dig up this white trash *****? And what's with those stupid clothes? Bullseye would be cool here if he had normal clothes. Whats with all the long capes now a days? That guy from the green mile as Kingpin is brilliant. He's got the mass and the dynamic presence. atleast thats good. This is gonna be the most horrible crap son of a ***** movie ever made.

You would figure they would atleast flip threw a few Frank Miller's or even the amazing Kevin Smith's work. But I guess they took more inspiration from Hercules. Oh I love marvel somethimes :mad: :(

Akuma
11-10-2002, 09:30 AM
lol, rofl, nice... :D

I don't think it's always possible to have everything the same as the comic. Maybe they couldnt' find a chick who could act good and had the 'right' look of the comic character. Better to at least have some1 who can act.

But you could be right....time will tell :/

Kristoffer
11-10-2002, 11:46 AM
They ATLEAST could have colorored her hair BLACK !! :D
But I don't know, only after I've seen the movie I can say what I think.

Oh and BTW, Blade 2 rocks! shaddap fool :p

PHILBERT
11-10-2002, 10:45 PM
The reason why Elektra is not wearing red in this movie is because she is not quite the assassin yet. She is at a point in her life where she is choosing either to become a hired killer or not.

LEGEND
11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
The Dark Night Returns!

Batman=Clint Eastwood.
The Joker=Michael Keaton.
Two Face=Kevin Spacey.
Superman=Kevin Sorbo.
Selina Kyle former Catwoman=Annette Benning or Bo Derek.
Mutant Leader=Brock Lesnar or Bill Goldberg.
Robin=???
Green Arrow=???
Commissioner Gordon=???
Alfred=Dead.

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Interesting choices, LEGEND. I'm especially intrigued by the irony of casting Keaton as the Joker. But I have to ask -

KEVIN FU(KING SORBO?!!?

Wouldn't you rather get someone who can y'know, act? I'll take Annette Bening over Bo Derek on the same principle. The Mutant Leader doesn't really have to act, so that's a nonstarter.

abobo
11-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Are you kidding? If I had to pick a Joker, I'd go with Mark Hamill. Or Tim Burton.

LEGEND
11-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Mark Hamil what??? You mean his VOICE??? Tim Burton??? What did he star in...Michael Keaton did BEETLEJUICE...that was as JOKER as you can get!

Kevin Sorbo...hell I don't even know who can play a dimwitted Gov. Agent of the US who has BOY SCOUT MORALs that constantly lectures. But he has to be old enuf and buff enuf to look right for the part. Unless u digitize Christopher Reeves I have no idea on SUPEs.

@PLUGO
11-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Just so you know...

BATMAN YEAR 1 is in production...

with the Director of <(Pi) and Requeim for a Dream

BTW... should a moderator move this thread?

Daredevil
11-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Looks very bad, but I'm still hoping against hope that it'll be good.

Elektra seems dubious. Ben Affleck is just so wrong in too many ways.

Looked too cheezy, overall.

(le sigh)

-dd (who didn't necessarily take his name from the comic) :)

@PLUGO
11-14-2002, 06:29 PM
sUUUUUUuUURRreeeeee you didn't...

:p

FatherDog
11-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Design Sifu
Just so you know...

BATMAN YEAR 1 is in production...

with the Director of <(Pi) and i]Requeim for a Dream[/i]

Is that definitely true? I know Aranofsky and Miller have been talking about it for a couple years now, but last I heard it still hadn't been greenlighted.

Kristoffer
11-15-2002, 12:49 AM
I thought it was in production limbo or something. :confused: anyway I'm pretty tired at the cheesy Bat movies. Please remove them.. thank you, come again

Asia
11-15-2002, 01:28 AM
Alfred=Dead.

Alfred is alive in Dark Knight Returns. He doesn't die until the end after he blows up the Wayne Estate.

I'm looking forward to seeing DD on the big screen.(DD Fan) I am also surprised/glad to see they cast Mike Duncan as the Kingpin.
I still wanted Elektra in red and GREEK but at leat this time she is using sais and kicking but unlike the pathetic psuedo cameo in the other movie.