PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas

Yung Apprentice
11-08-2002, 09:19 PM
I posted this one a while back. I wanted to know if there are any teachers out here in Las Vegas who teach PM. I got only one response and that was sifu Baugh. He's a nice guy but you first have to learn some other stlyes before he teaches PM, plus it seems his school is not very fight oriented, seems more into forms. Well this being Las Vegas, people relocate here in a fast pace, and thought well maybe there is a new sifu into or something, or maybe someone knows someone who is interested in teaching out here? Does anyone know of any sifu's out here, who teach PM?

BeiTangLang
11-09-2002, 10:57 PM
Learn a different style before you learn Mantis?? Interesting.
I wonder why one would ask that of a student?..... Anyone?

Sorry, the best list I have seen is the one at Authentickungfu.com

Best of luck!

Yung Apprentice
11-10-2002, 03:12 AM
yeah, it's weird. Thing is he isn't strictly a PM teacher. And his school is more on forms than sparring. So I don't want to go thru the training just to get to the PM. I want to fibd a PM school that is primarily a PM school.

yu shan
11-10-2002, 09:33 PM
We are a PM KF Club with emphasis on two-person material and PM fighting theory, with a lineage of Long Fist. Due to the intricate and perplexing movement of Mantis, "newbies" with no MA experience, are taught NLF first. They are taught a form "single side" then taught two- person hand drills, on to two-person drills, and finally the two-person to the form. By this time maybe there ready.

Tainan Mantis
11-11-2002, 01:30 AM
Yushan,
What is the Longfist form you start with?

isol8d
11-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by yu shan
We are a PM KF Club with emphasis on two-person material and PM fighting theory, with a lineage of Long Fist. Due to the intricate and perplexing movement of Mantis, "newbies" with no MA experience, are taught NLF first. They are taught a form "single side" then taught two- person hand drills, on to two-person drills, and finally the two-person to the form. By this time maybe there ready.

I thought you guys where in Tennessee, not Las Vegas??!?

Fen
11-11-2002, 06:20 PM
LV Lo Hans is a good school to go to for PM, Southern 5 and Long Fist. Sifu Baugh has studied with Ark Wong for Southern 5, Kenneth Hui for Long Fist and Kam Yuen for his TCPM and More...

He has a lot of knowledge on CMA. That school has done lots of movies like Rush Hour 2! They did all the Lion Dancing. If I were you I would go to his school. I was one of the first students that he taught when he started teaching in Las Vegas. He's a great teacher, and an all around great guy! Give the school a chance. It's better to try, than keep looking for something you might not find!

~Jason

Yung Apprentice
11-12-2002, 03:50 AM
I know he is a great teacher, a great person, and has a great school, but I'm looking for a school that is more fight oriented. I know your an older student of his, and I talked to him recently and he told me that they no longer spar at the school. At least not as a class. A few students every now and then get together and spar, but it just doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. Besides there are other good schools out here that are more fight oriented, I just had hoped maybe there was a PM school. I guess there isn't any.

wushu chik
11-12-2002, 12:15 PM
I don't know of any PM schools there in Vegas execpt Sifu Baugh! I did a search, and talked to a few people too!! And there doesn't seem to be any! Now, if you were in LA...that's a whole different story :). Sorry.....Hopefully though, you'll find something!!

~Wen~

Yung Apprentice
11-12-2002, 04:44 PM
I just had hoped maybe someone was moving out here, or had moved out here, but there doesn't seem like any. Oh well, there is a good Hsing school here, and a good Lama Pai Crane school.(they teach a mixture of things there) And some good Wing Chun schools too. So it's not like my hurting for a good school out here! But thank you everyone for trying to help me out.:)