PDA

View Full Version : Some students just need more help than you are capable of giving.....

wushu chik
11-09-2002, 01:45 AM
I gave a test to my intermediate students tonight. Just to see what they would come up with!!! It was on Tan Tui. I printed up a page with the names of the lines....seeing if they could decipher what they were named for. Well, here's what I got from one of my students. Enjoy.

1. Coherent Steps ~ Not Drunken style.

2. Cross Kick~ Closing the refridgerator door.

3. Slash and Squash ~ Getting thingy stepped on.

4. Uphold Palm ~ Doing it one handed

5. Uphold fist and shoot ~ Using fist on private

6. Crook and sprinkle ~ Taking a leak.

7. Flowery Bending ~ Rash on butt.

8. Stamp and Thread ~ French Tickler

9. Lock and stick ~ Grab and Thrust

10. Flying Kick ~ Air Jordan

UM, something tells me we have a problem here!! :D What do you guys think??

~Wen~

illusionfist
11-09-2002, 03:56 AM
Weird arse teacher, weird arse students :D :p

nospam
11-09-2002, 11:07 AM
With a student that can think out-of-the-box to that degree, instant promotion to brown and let 'em ponder on that for the next 6 years...

nospam.
:cool:

eulerfan
11-09-2002, 11:34 AM
I took a class in economics and there was a question on the test from some reading I hadn't done. I knew I aced everything else and could afford to get the question wrong. Besides, the guy just had acumen in spades. He was one of those people you just knew you couldn't B.S. It would just pi$$ him off. The question was about trade barriers and my answer was this:

'I think trade barriers are a good thing except that they use too much brick. I also think that Richard Gere is a Good actor and quite a fine Buddhist. So, I don't care what he does with Girbils.'

Teacher gave me half credit. I thought it was a mistake but he called it to my attention later. "Are you curious about why I gave you half credit for that question?"

"A little bit."

"I was grading those tests at 4a.m. and your answer woke me up. I had to give you something for that."

African Tiger
11-09-2002, 12:23 PM
sexual double-entendres (sp) were quite purposely written.

Hey, if I had a sifu like you, baby doll, I wouldn't learn a thing. But I'd definitely pay attention :D

Leonidas
11-09-2002, 02:15 PM
My favorite has to be the 'Air Jordan'

JAZA
11-09-2002, 02:35 PM
good answer eulerfan, it go with your name, a child with simple answer.:)

wushu chik
11-09-2002, 03:02 PM
LOFL~
He's definetly a different one!! He's got great kung fu....but he's definetly NOT understanding something!!!

~Wen~

Former castleva
11-10-2002, 04:07 AM
I still have not worked out that Gere-Gerbil connection...
:confused:

rubthebuddha
11-10-2002, 12:17 PM
well, the details would require this thread to get deleted and me to get banned, so let's do this very vaguely:

wild rumor has it that gere likes it when small furry animals are in his large intestine, and he doesn't eat them to get them there.

HuangKaiVun
11-10-2002, 01:02 PM
I did all that stuff wushuchik spoke of before in my life.

That's part of training.

And despite all that, I'm still training.

TaoBoy
11-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan
I took a class in economics and there was a question on the test from some reading I hadn't done. I knew I aced everything else and could afford to get the question wrong. Besides, the guy just had acumen in spades. He was one of those people you just knew you couldn't B.S. It would just pi$$ him off. The question was about trade barriers and my answer was this:

'I think trade barriers are a good thing except that they use too much brick. I also think that Richard Gere is a Good actor and quite a fine Buddhist. So, I don't care what he does with Girbils.'

Teacher gave me half credit. I thought it was a mistake but he called it to my attention later. "Are you curious about why I gave you half credit for that question?"

"A little bit."

"I was grading those tests at 4a.m. and your answer woke me up. I had to give you something for that."

In a philosophy exam at Melbourne Uni, the paper had one question ' why?'. Apparently, one guy simply wrote 'why not?' and got up and left.

Thought you might appreciate that, eulerfan. :)

Now as for your student Wen - it seems that your influence is rubbing off on him (ah, no pun intended...really). ;)

wushu chik
11-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
Now as for your student Wen - it seems that your influence is rubbing off on him (ah, no pun intended...really). ;)

LOFL~ Smartass!!

~Wen~

joedoe
11-10-2002, 04:22 PM
In a philosophy exam at Melbourne Uni, the paper had one question ' why?'. Apparently, one guy simply wrote 'why not?' and got up and left.

This must be an urban legend because I have heard the same story except it was at Sydney Uni and the student got full marks for his reply.

TaoBoy
11-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

This must be an urban legend because I have heard the same story except it was at Sydney Uni and the student got full marks for his reply.

I love urban legends.

The other version of the story says that he answered "because", that's what I would have written. :D

JusticeZero
11-11-2002, 04:41 PM
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/oneword.htm

Yup, urban legend.
Wen, was there any point to the test? Random gratuitous temperature-taking can tempt me to be a smart-aleck too.

wushu chik
11-11-2002, 05:52 PM
I gave them the test because I wanted to see if they were retaining what they've read, and what they've been told. Basically to see their understanding level!! Well, gotta love 'em!!

~Wen~

BTW...JZ~ Check your email :)