PDA

View Full Version : strained muscle, help

babooon87
11-09-2002, 10:04 AM
What can I do for a strained muscle, the injurie never seems to go, its been almost two years and it always comes back, ive lost so much flexibility and I always have to miss class, is there a cure or is it gonna stay for all my life?

Liokault
11-09-2002, 10:16 AM
ok you will not want to hear this but here goes.

Stop useing the muscle that you injured totaly. If that means stopping training thgen so be it.

I have seen so many guys with long trem injurys (my own teacher) who have tried to keep on going, keep on training and just try to go easy on the injured part....it wont work. Stop training till it is totaly healed.

babooon87
11-09-2002, 12:34 PM
I did stop and it healed, but when I start training again it just comes back.

rubthebuddha
11-09-2002, 05:28 PM
depending on your personal preference, i really recommend having it looked at. if you prefer western medicine, see a legit sports therapist. if eastern is your preference, get some acupuncture work to release some of the blockage in the area, and look into some physical therapy for that area either through massage or whatever.

babooon87
11-09-2002, 09:47 PM
thank you, ill have a look at that.

rubthebuddha
11-10-2002, 11:34 AM
it's why we have sports therapists and acupuncture and massage peeps -- injuries NEED someone to work with them, and most people don't know how.

babooon87
01-03-2003, 11:23 AM
I would like to hear from people who have experienced it and what they did to make it better.

PLCrane
01-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Transverse Friction Massage, if you can stand it, will break up the adhesions and let the muscle stretch with less pain. It's mostly done on tendons, but it can be done on the muscle itself, depending on where the most tearing took place and left scar tissue in place of normal tissue. Find someone with good hands.

guohuen
01-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Where is your injury?

babooon87
01-04-2003, 03:06 PM
groin

babooon87
01-05-2003, 03:13 PM
thank you very much, but where can I find these?

Tsukasa_1
01-05-2003, 03:24 PM
When ever i injure a muscle i focus my chi, qi (whatever you want to call it) into my hands. Then I put my hand on that muscle and then focus on transfering energy from my hand to my muscle and focus on fixing the poblem.

This may sound like mumbo jumbo to some of you but it works well, it may take a while to get the energy focusing part down.

babooon87
01-05-2003, 05:17 PM
and how do you get your chi to go in your hands?

Cheese Dog
01-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Baboon87:
You get chi to go into your hands by visualizing and concentrating on it. Your energy goes where you direct it. That's one reason why when you do a joint lock or throw you look at where you want your opponent to go. (It's also better body mechanics too.)
Just imagine and see in your minds eye energy running from your dan tien (just below your navel), into your shoulders, down your arms, and into your hands.

Tsukasa_1
01-07-2003, 03:01 PM
First things first, you have to find your chi
do this by focusing, usually your main area for chi is around your diaphram or stomach. When you find it you will feel a wierd pressure.

next try to focus it up your chest, then down your arm, i find it easier to do it down my dominant hand, then to your hand.

once the chi is there try to focus it into a ball or something just off of your palm, you will know if you did it right if your hand is warm and the area around it is warm.

Then just put your hand on that muscle and focus on finding and healing the problem.

(let me know if this works, I don't remember how I used to focus my chi when I first started, all I have to do is focus on a body part and it is there.)

I hope it works for you

babooon87
01-07-2003, 03:24 PM
thank you for your help.