PDA

View Full Version : WC on the dancefloor

sticky fingers
11-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Not talking about picking fights at a nightclub, but does anyone else 'dance' wing chun? Pivoting, stepping, tan da, kwansau , bil sau, double punches etc done to trance or techno - it's a lotta fun!! And nobody thinks you're doing anything else apart from just dancing. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself cos u always think u can dance like John Travolta when you're drunk...

wtinfo
11-09-2002, 08:50 PM
*cough* freak *cough*

:P

yuanfen
11-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Some achievement-teaching that elephant to dance.

planetwc
11-09-2002, 11:14 PM
I have done so, *once* at my wedding. My Sister in law was doing a Persian Knife dance in celebration of the wedding and when she motioned me to follow her I did so using Chum Kiu! :D

Got quite a laugh and smiles from my Sifu and Si-gung, and some si-hings who were at the wedding. At little improvising here and there some huen sao and double dai bongs there and off you go!

Use Biu Ma to follow her around till she surrendered the knife to me, upon which I then proceeded to cut the wedding cake.

Whew!

All in good fun.

Originally posted by sticky fingers
Not talking about picking fights at a nightclub, but does anyone else 'dance' wing chun? Pivoting, stepping, tan da, kwansau , bil sau, double punches etc done to trance or techno - it's a lotta fun!! And nobody thinks you're doing anything else apart from just dancing. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself cos u always think u can dance like John Travolta when you're drunk...

PHILBERT
11-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Ive never done so, but I have thought about it a few times. Chum Kiu does make a good dance movement though, but I don't know it yet.

Akuma
11-10-2002, 12:52 AM
bwahahaha, that's pretty cool. It would look kinda weird doing it though. But then again I sark at dancing so it'd prolly be an improvement :cool:

S.Teebas
11-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Yeah i went out clubbing last weekend with my wooden dummy, it was great.

TzuChan
11-10-2002, 06:35 PM
HA HA :D :D

PHILBERT
11-10-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey if you know the wooden dummy form, just do it on the dance floor with your girlfriend while she dances. Move around her doing the movements, just say "Honey, please do NOT extend any of your arms while I do this dance."

Grendel
11-10-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by S.Teebas
Yeah i went out clubbing last weekend with my wooden dummy, it was great.
That's fine, but most girls won't dance with a guy who has 108 hands. :) As for ground techniques per Yuanfen, that's usually right out.

Regards,

jesper
11-11-2002, 06:16 AM
Depends on how you use your hands grendel ;)

yuanfen
11-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Grnedel sez:That's fine, but most girls won't dance with a guy who has 108 hands. As for ground techniques per Yuanfen, that's usually right out.
---------------------------------------------------------
Dunno- Kali probably would. Also ever see her with her foot on prostrate Shiva's chest?
OTOH- you may be right. Go to www.azwingchun.com
Click on left side, click on Tempe Wing Chun...scroll down- there is a guy with many arms still waiting for a dance-
They Shoot Horses Dont They?

pvwingchun
11-11-2002, 01:17 PM
Not kung fu but funny.

I have friend who lives in another part of the country who I don't see very often, he makes up a dance out of everyday things, none of us knew he did this and we hadn't seen him in awhile. At another friends wedding we saw him perform the "lawn mower" and almost died laughing. He goes thru every step from opening the garage to hosing it off when done. He just emailed his newest creation its the belly boat for those familair with fishing.

So why not do it with WC for those who dance as well as train.

WTJune
11-13-2002, 12:41 AM
@sticking finger:

hey did'nt use it the way like you, but anybody who knows how things are on the dancefloor @ a 'sick of it all' concert, knows with Wing chun you have a better chance to come out without something broken off you body ... ;)

Used it @ NoFX/Sick of it all/Slipknot.... helpt me to survive...

Ciao

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
June
misbegotten
mailto:june.misgebotten@gmx.at
... visit http://www.mp3.com/misbegotten
for your daily doze of metal .......
ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤,¸¸

S.Teebas
11-13-2002, 01:24 AM
pvwingchun thats a classic about the lawn mower! :) Ive got a friend who does the 'water sprinkler' and the 'bus driver'. :D

cha kuen
11-13-2002, 02:49 AM
I brought my wooden dummy to the club too and got my freak on.

wing chun books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

aelward
11-13-2002, 10:09 AM
It may be 5 years old, but I still think the Macarena is a b@stardized version of Wing Chun-- biu sao, tan sao, lan sao, rising elbow, gum sao, and that twist of the hips...