PDA

View Full Version : Need help shiping to China

Royal Dragon
11-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Hi,
I have to ship a video of myself to a tai tzu master in China. he sent me an E-mail with the address in Chinese, but it came out all messed up on my end. How do I get it to show the actual Chinese Charecters? I just want to print it exacty as he sent it to me as I can't write Chinese, and I want to make sure he gets it.

Is there a patch or something I need?

Former castleva
11-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Thatīs a nasty case...
Iīm no expert when it comes to this (hey,am I some sort of expert when it comes to a thing? :cool: )
But I think you might need a patch,designed for chinese fonts.
Pretty much the same goes for any website with "written" chinese on it unless it is picture like form,you get the idea?
Tough one anyway...I hope it works out.

MonkeySlap Too
11-11-2002, 10:03 AM
See if you can request the adress in a Jpeg, that's what Jarek Szymanski does.

Otherwise, I think Windows has a patch....

omarthefish
11-11-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm sure I already posted this. Don't know why it didn't stick.

possible solutions:

tools-->internet options-->languages-->add language . . . you may need to insert your windows installation disk or follow the prompts to find it online.

After adding a chinese language font (maybee 2 or 3 ) , you may still have to go to view-->fonts-->(select the appropriate font)

Themost common Chinese fonts are simplified(GB2312), traditional(Big5) and simplified(HZ)

Another way to solve the problem is to do a search for 'chinese ru fa' the software needed to enter chinese characters. 'ru fa' means 'entry method. This software usually lets you both see and type in Chinese.

Royal Dragon
11-12-2002, 05:15 AM
My computer already has the Chnese font patches though. I installled them on a wim when I installed the operating system just because I thought it would be cool. I have not the slightest idea how to use it though. I will try what you said Ohmarthefish

Royal Dragon
11-12-2002, 05:25 AM
view-->fonts-->(select the appropriate font)

Got it going!!

I had to do it in the regualr browzer. Before I was trying to do it in the Outlook express window with no luck.