PDA

View Full Version : Where are you gentlemen going with this?

Chango
11-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Hello,
I'm interested in sharing information. It seems a few seem to have come to some sort of ill conclusion on HFY. Please just state your point and move on. This forum is in the spirit of constructive conversation. As I said before I do not speak for HFY I'm in the process of learning the entire system. So I don't want to draw conclusion and make blanket statements that I'm not prepared to make. No need to take shots at me for being careful. I'm willing to share what I know so far. But I'm finding this to be pointless with those that have seem to have aready made up thier mind. It is sad for those that wish to share dialog. They have to suffer through the childish anticks of those that seem to want to do nothing but have a laugh at the expense of the subject at hand. This childish behavior has been ingnored up to this point. Inspite of the fact that these individuals seem to enjoy the sound of thier own voice or should I say the sight of their own post. I hope we can bring this to a civil discussion with out the child like anticks. However I expect more of the same. It is sad that tact is not a shared trait amoungst posters in this thread. I don't name names those that are guilty of this will know who they are :)

Chango (saat geng sau)

bloodgod
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Sir-I feel that the VTM has made certain historical and technical claims that the proof has never been shown. I love WCK history. And HFY could have the missing link but i dont know cause the VTM has never published its full sources. The HFY system contains thing specific to other WCK families. Of cource im sure you will say that all WCK comes from HFY and thats why elements can be found in other WCK. Andrew was correct , historicaly it has been preserved in Ip man, YKS, and Koolo WCK that the dan chi sao platform was created by Ip man. IT is know that YKS pioneered the Look sao platform of bong, fook, and tan. IVe been told by several Ip man students that WSl pioneered chi gerk. It is know Ip man used the term " Siu "Nim tao", Bot jam do, ect. No one else does. So the question im trying to figure out is how does HFY have things in it Ip man created? THe feel of HFY chi sao is much like TWC chi sao. This is almost identical to Pao fa lins gentleman chi sao. Why is HFy chi sao, TWC and Pao fa lins so much differant than other branchs of WCK? Why would a non pigeon toed stance be used if HFY came from the Red boats?
I find HFy to be indepth and i like that. BUT CERTAIN THINGS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND due to the lack of knowledge available on HFY. And im trying to understand. I know i can be rude. I tried to not be this time and to just talk

45degree fist
11-14-2002, 06:05 PM
I feel the same way Chango does. it seems that every time HFY is brought up, the original topic is thrown out of the window and is seldom answered. I believe every voice has a right to speak but people do argue. If you must argue do it with a one on one chat or exchange emails dont flood the forum with neverending exchanges that can be handled in a more civil manner.

Grendel
11-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Quit trolling, Chango. Move on. Impartial readers concluded that you were not forthcoming with the proof of any of your historical or technical contentions.

I don't think that your problem lies in your Wing Chun, but in a lack of basic intellectual skills and verisimilitude.

Post something specific or log out and go fish. It's apparent that your trolling posts are done in bad faith.

With all due respect.

AndrewS
11-14-2002, 06:37 PM
'aready', 'thier', 'anticks', 'amoungst', 'ingnored'

Only five and *and* he managed to spell 'constructive'?

Is someone else posting under Chango's name?

Andrew

Rolling_Hand
11-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Recount one insight about yourself or the world that you gained through meeting someone from another culture.

Thanks to Chango, many of us enjoy reading your input on the HFYWCK

Rolling_Hand
11-14-2002, 08:15 PM
----I find HFy to be indepth and i like that. BUT CERTAIN THINGS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND due to the lack of knowledge available on HFY. And im trying to understand. I know i can be rude. I tried to not be this time and to just talk--bloodgod

-------------------------------------------------------------

If the reason for eating food is only to fill your stomach and provide nutrition, why bother to look for the best meat, the best butter, the best vegetables? In other words, if you like to know more about other WCK families, why not go to experience them instead of talking about others like a WCK expert here?

Grendel
11-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand
----I find HFy to be indepth and i like that. BUT CERTAIN THINGS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND due to the lack of knowledge available on HFY. And im trying to understand. I know i can be rude. I tried to not be this time and to just talk--bloodgod

-------------------------------------------------------------

If the reason for eating food is only to fill your stomach and provide nutrition, why bother to look for the best meat, the best butter, the best vegetables? In other words, if you like to know more about other WCK families, why not go to experience them instead of talking like a WCK expert here?

Trolling Hand,

You're slipping. Go here to review your raison d'etre.

The Art of Trolling (http://www.altairiv.demon.co.uk/troll/trollfaq.html#one/)

Rolling_Hand
11-14-2002, 08:30 PM
By stopping habititual patterns, you can appreciate the real world on the spot. You can appreciate the bright, beautiful fantastic world around you; you don't have to feel all that resentful or embarrassed.

humm.....

Grendel
11-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by AndrewS
'aready', 'thier', 'anticks', 'amoungst', 'ingnored'

Only five and *and* he managed to spell 'constructive'?

Is someone else posting under Chango's name?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

LOL. I see your point. It does look suspicious. :D

But I think your count was low. There was his confusion between childish anticks and child like anticks (sic). Which do you suppose he meant?

Regards,

Rolling_Hand
11-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Grendel - You are boring!

Redd
11-14-2002, 09:05 PM
I would join in the mocking and taunting but all parties seem to be doing a fine job already. Sweetly reminiscent of childhood and adolescence.

yenhoi
11-14-2002, 09:54 PM
HFY sounds like a very kool branch of WCK, I have learned nearly everything I know about the art from this forum, and I have also learned that both Grendel and Chango, are *******s. :eek:

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
11-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Ok, I guess I should have closed this one as well, since Chango's original post was from 4 days ago, when tempers were starting to really flare up. I figured people would bother to look at the dates. My mistake.

Bloodgod,
Please repost your question as a new thread.