PDA

View Full Version : CLF Ghost Kick

friday
11-11-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi CLF people,

Wondering how many of the CLF ppl on this thread know of the CLF Ghost Kicks or know it and how to do it and your capabilities using this kind of kick.

friday

friday
11-11-2002, 06:51 AM
hi perhaps i should clarify what i was saying...
the important thing is not so much the numbers (altho' i am curious as to how many CLF ppl do in fact know the ghost kicking -it might be lost either in whole or in part). the main thing is how good is it with the skill level of current CLF ppl. i've heard from a close reliable friend of mine a little while back that the CLF ghost kick was lethal and was also internal.
i don't want ppl to talk about how internal is crap and chi is bs. i'm not really interested in those kind of opinions. i'm just interested in CLF ppl who can do the ghost kicks and can tell me their capabilities with it.

and for chinese ppl (cantonese) its called 'gwai gerk'.

here is an example of its capability i've heard:
- rope tied between two trees training leading to snapping the rope with CLF ghost kick. the kick isn't merely external brute force or placement. its 'soft' internal. so the springiness/cushion in the rope doens't matter.

the thing is its likely something that has been lost in part of in whole. so i would like to compare this with what currently CLF ppl are capable of or is ghost kick not as powerful as it seems?
no flame, negative intentions to deride styles etc. i'm just curious.
thanks

friday

Crimson Phoenix
11-11-2002, 07:24 AM
Friday, or anyone else, coul you please try a little description of the Ghost Kick you mention?
I'm asking this because I know of two or even three kicks bearing that name, two that can be executed with notable diferences, the third being completely unrelated...
So I was wondering if one of them was this CLF ghost kick you mention, or if the latter is a fourth kind of ghost kick...

friday
11-11-2002, 07:30 AM
hi Crimson,

i can't describe it I don't practise CLF. my interest arose from discussions with a good reliable friend of mine whose late father was a CLF master but didn't teach publicly.
i was hoping the name 'ghost kick' would ring a few bells and get me some answers. i recall some ppl in this forum talking about ghost kicks b4 but the discussion never seemed to suggest they were as lethal or internal as my friend suggests. I trust my friend but would just like to find out some more information from CLF ppl particularly since i did a bit when i was a child.

friday

Tao-Yin-Lee
11-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Gwei-Tui, Ghost Kick, also called Shadowless Kick appears in Hung-Gar as well as many Tibetan Pai.

Mail me on the Tibetan forum or by private e-mail.

Tao.

nospam
11-11-2002, 10:49 AM
...CLF ghost kick....Mmmm....like the CLF one-inch punch...

nospam.
:cool:

firepalm
11-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Ghost kicks in southern systems although a fanciful term is nothing more then using simple low targeted kicks in conjunction with a distractionary hand technique. Example I want to attack my opponent with a front snap type kick to the groin so I first use a hand attack of some sort to the face, which is only intended to distract my opponent's attention from the groin kick.

The term ghost kicking is really only a conceptual term used to refer to the aforementioned type of tactic, nothing too 'mythical' or secretive really.

Cheers ;)

Diu Sao
11-11-2002, 03:52 PM
In Wah Lum Mantis there is a 'no shadow kick'. It is a low ding tui (ding gerk, or roundhouse) to the side of the knee or thigh and then an immediate high ding tui to the head (the temple is the preferred striking area) with the same leg. I have no idea if this is the same technique, as I have only been doing Choy Lee Fut for an extremely short period of time. I'd like to learn more about the ghost kick though, it sounds interesting (but so do alot of other techniques!) :)

Diu Sao

cha kuen
11-13-2002, 02:53 AM
I heard that Fok Yuen Kap could do that right kick in tam tui and send a guy 20 feet in the air.

kung fu books (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=taichimaster06&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)