PDA

View Full Version : where is randy williams???

bougeac
11-11-2002, 02:53 AM
hi, ive been a fan of randy for some time and have bought most of his books on wing chun (very informative) and own a fair few videos...

he doesnt appear to have his own website and ive seen no articles either on the web or in magazines for some time...

whats happened to him????

old jong
11-11-2002, 06:38 AM
It seems that he was chi sauing a lot with his dummy and things picked up from this!...What had to happen did happen and they left for an unknown place together.Let's all wish them lot of happyness in their new life. :)

rubthebuddha
11-11-2002, 01:43 PM
last i heard, randy was adding other arts to his arsenal, and hoping to try out acting. it was in an interview i read, but i have no clue where. i think it was made in the last two years.

Grendel
11-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
last i heard, randy was adding other arts to his arsenal Other arts to his arsenal? In addition to...what?

yuanfen
11-11-2002, 02:59 PM
0+x=x, assuming that the operational quality of x is intact.

Grendel
11-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
And when x=0?

Regards,

sagasa
11-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Sifu Randy Williams is still teaching his interpretation of wing chun, known as CRCAWC. His web site is at: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/wingchun/english/indexeng.htm

Jeff Preston
11-12-2002, 12:07 AM
I wasn't impressed with the site. Were is all Randys information on his life history of the art he teaches?

rubthebuddha
11-12-2002, 01:35 AM
it's probably somewhere in his toolbox. that whole "under construction" thing at the top should have been a dead giveaway.

Wingman
11-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen

Hi yuanfen,

Are you saying that Randy Williams does not know Wing chun? Didn't he learn from Augustine Fong? If not, where did he learn his Wing chun?

Rolling_Hand
11-12-2002, 11:42 PM
--Hi yuanfen,

Are you saying that Randy Williams does not know Wing chun? Didn't he learn from Augustine Fong? If not, where did he learn his Wing chun?--Wingman

----------------------------------------------------------------

Most people do know Randy Williams represents Augustine Fong's WCK in public.

edward
11-13-2002, 12:06 AM
2 weekends with sifu makes him a student???? if you say so

Grendel
11-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by edward
Obviously, two weekends is more than tRolling Hand has, unless Roger's teacher was soliciting him for unnatural rogering.

Roger, Randy Williams doesn't like your type. Roger/RH, what right do you have to call Randy Williams sihing-dai? Do you even study Wing Chun? Why haven't you ever posted anything to support the contention that you have any Wing Chun background?

Wingman
11-13-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by edward

I didn't know he only studied WC under Augustine Fong for only 2 weeks. I was under the impression that he studied for a longer period of time. I must have been misinformed.

So, from whom did he learn Wing chun?

edward
11-13-2002, 12:40 AM
was the b.s. story he told inside kung fu on how they met...

seriously he should come out with his own harry potter books, since he has such a good imagination

Grendel
11-13-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Wingman

I didn't know he only studied WC under Augustine Fong for only 2 weeks. I was under the impression that he studied for a longer period of time. I must have been misinformed.

So, from whom did he learn Wing chun?

Why not ask him?

edward
11-13-2002, 01:08 AM
not 2 weeks... 2 weekENDS

Rob Wolf
11-13-2002, 03:04 AM
ok guys,
Check it out, Randy williams teacher was george Yau and randy visited Sifu Fongs school in the 80's at the request or Sifu yau, the reason being to learn the weapons of Wing chun from Sifu Fong as yau had not learned bot jam do or lok dim boon guan,at any rate, I myself have done chi sau with both randy and his teacher George Yau .Having said that,Most of the material in randys books and videos was taken directly from Fongs Book series and early video of the system refered to by some as the gold label Fong video, now, I was present for all of randys visit and he learned the hand forms and 108 from students that he could weasel them from in a kinda I'll show you mine if you show you yours fashion, I was freinds with another george yau student named kenny chen and I can say for sure ,there was alot of stealing going on at that time.......randy was here for less than two weeks and had a JKD friend with him and they both were intent on also getting our 108 mok yan jong while they were in tucson.....ok got it? and later randy flew Sifu Fong to Singapore for a seminar and that was the end of their contact with one another after that...anymore questions ?I think not,........but think about it really.....at the end of the day, Randy got what he came for , the outline of a complete system of Wing Chun,Yeh? He may have been an overnight blunderwonder, but the fact remains he stole it, published it and makes money off it,kinda sucks yes.....where is he now???????????hiding I imagine.........Rob

edward
11-13-2002, 05:27 AM
that's pretty on the nose as far as what happened...

dont' forget randy's great story on IKF, as to how they met... a young randy williams one day was working on the wooden dummy... then as fate would have it a chinese guy was walking along and heard someone hitting the dummy with profound power and clarity... it was of course augustine fong who happened to wonder, who could this chosen one be....bwhwahahah

shot.. if randy w. is going to use that story.. then I met sifu fong, during the 80's..yeah, that's it.... i was at a high school dance, dressed up in a shower curtain, and i ended up dancing with some guys girlfriend...and ended up putting a hose on him while he was in the bathroom stall.. obviously this ****ed him off, and i ran out while him and his buddies, who were dressed up in skelteon suits for the halloween danced chased me down on the bike... they caught up with and started to beat on me... while i could barely see what was going on... and old man came out of no where and beat them up......(if your wondering where this came from ...duh.. Karate kid)...hehehehe

black and blue
11-13-2002, 05:36 AM
If you guys showed him your forms etc, then how did he steal them?

Tap Man
11-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Edward - You are confusing the way Randy met Fong with a very twisted version of how he met George Yau, which is featured in his first book series. Check your facts before posting insulting misinformation. Please quote which Inside Kung Fu you found that story in.

Rolling Hand - Randy Williams no longer states that he represents Sifu Augustine Fong in any public forum, and has not done since his termination from Fong's organization in 1989. Why continue to perpetuate this untruth?

Rob Wolf - Please provide a photo of yourself to show how it is that you can refer to Randy Williams in 1987 as an "overweight blunderwonder".

With whatever instruction Randy got from Fong in AZ, LA and Singapore, apparently Fong deemed him worthy of representing him. If any of you can read Chinese, check out the picture attached, and tell me if the billboard and shirts that Randy and his students are wearing do not say "Fong's Wing Chun", with Augustine Fong posing with the group in obvious approval of their wearing them. Randy also has a copy of a certificate given to him in 1988 from Sifu Augustine Fong claiming to be a high level student capable of teaching his system of WC authentically. The original document is on record with the MACU (Martial Arts Control Unit) of Singapore. Those of you who represent Fong - please check with him on that one. You may also ask him if he remembers the newspaper and television interviews he gave to the Straights Times and SBC news when he was staying at Randy's home in Singapore. Randy has original copies of all those items on file for any of you who wish to visit him.

Randy is most definitely not in hiding. He lives and teaches out of his home in rural PA, where he also keeps horses in the barn, which upstairs has been converted into a WC training hall. He regularly teaches seminars open to the public at his many representative's schools around the world. For example, he was in Siracusa, Sicily on October 27th, Termoli, Italy on October 29th, and will be in Archbald, PA this coming weekend at the school of Bob Earl, his longtime student and representative.

Any of you who wish to find Randy can do so quite easily, just as I did. You can contact me personally and I will put you in touch with Randy.

The books were written with Fong's full permission and assistance. Besides personal training time, Randy called Sifu Fong from Singapore on a regular basis and spoke to Fong just after his evening classes were finished, sometimes for over an hour at a time. In these calls, Randy read portions of the text to Fong, and Fong made verbal changes and corrections. If pressed, Randy can provide phone records to show this to be true. Randy also has videotaped private instruction with Fong, in which the books in progress are discussed.

The idea of the books was to act as a prelude to re-publishing Fong's original pamphlet-like series on Wing Chun. Thus the similarity. Fong himself agreed that it would be a better idea to let Randy, who had always wanted to chronicle the system he had spent many years learning, try first, in order to learn the book business and how to produce an A-1 quality book for Fong, who he worshipped as an instructor. It was only later events that prevented that final book from coming to fruition. The reason Randy would have been able to do it was his ability to use high-tech printing equipment in Singapore at cost. So he would have been able to give Fong a top quality book at low cost.

If you ever check through Randy's books, you will find many photos of Randy and Fong together, and many direct quotes from Fong, which are not published in any of Fong's books. Please check with Augustine Fong to see if that is not true.

All of this animosity seems to stem from the fact that some people say that Randy somehow claims to be one of Fong's top students, but he does not. Please quote a verifiable source showing Randy making any such claim. All I can find is Randy claiming to be one of Fong's students, and in his books, he even says he is not even close to being one of Fong's best students. Please check the introduction to Randy's books to verify that.

Finally, the rift which now exists between Randy and the Fong group is actually a result of Randy's 1989 visit to Sifu Ho Kam Ming in Hong Kong. Prior to that visit, Randy was an instructor in good standing with Augustine Fong. But what transpired in that visit, and the subsequent conversations between Fong, his wife and Randy forever changed that relationship. To this day, Randy regrets ever having gone to visit Sifu Ho, and would love nothing better than to have had things work out differently, so that he could have continued his training and development under the guidance of Sifu Augustine Fong, who he still holds in the highest regard, despite the best efforts of some people to create animosity between them.

Tap Man
11-13-2002, 09:34 AM
I am having trouble attaching the files, for those of you wishing to see the above mentioned pictures. Email me and I will be more than happy to share them with you.
Tap Man Out

emulov
11-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Apparently, responses here about a master martial artist, come from novice sources. For true practioners, no matter the style – usually have an understanding of the concept of, or have practiced some form of Zen (or had a mother to listen to as they grew up)! For those who have been exposed to one or both understand that the verbalization without knowing both sides of the story is normal human reaction - ignorance or jealousy. My suggestion is that purchase, read and then and place two books on your shelve, next to your Randy Williams series: "The Secret of Inner Strength: My Story and The Secret Power Within" and "Zen Solutions to Real Problems"
by Chuck Norris. After doing so, determine why your really practicing the martial arts or if you really are! For I recall that when I studied the Isshinryu, back in the 1970’s (70-77), in Detroit - (I am now a recent convert to Wing Chun.) You either signed up to learn something about yourself – confidence, and to ensure that others were not treated unjustly (bullied) or just to get a school sticker, and place it in the rear passenger window on the drivers side, so you could pretend to be tuff to others.

Patrick Gordon
11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Hello Tap Man,

Since you seem to have all this information on Randy, could you tell us why there are so few whom own his books? I have never seem them for purchase in a store and I don't know of any Wing Chun practitioners who own then. They are almost impossible to get, could you tell us why that is??

I would like to know what happened during his visit to sigung Ho's? All I've heard was that after Randy left, Sigung Ho phoned Sifu Fong to complain about what sifu Fong was teaching his students because Randy stated to be a student under him. Sigung Ho thought his skills were horrible and wondered what the hell Fong was teaching. I am sure there is more to the story.

I don't mean to start up old news, it is long over with. Besides, Randy doesn't mention Sifu Fong anymore and he is now doing Jeet Kune Do with Ted Wong. Aside from his forms, he is quite different from Sifu Fong's students understanding and practice. Sifu Fong's Wing Chun evolves, what Randy got was very little.

Patrick Gordon.

Patrick Gordon.

Tap Man
11-13-2002, 11:04 AM
I AND I SPORTS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SOLE US DISTRIBUTOR OF THE BOOKS. THEY WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE ANYTHING BIG. A LIMITED EDITION PRELUDE TO FONG'S BOOKS, WHICH RANDY WAS PREPARING TO PRODUCE FOR FONG BACK IN 1988. RANDY PREFERS TO KEEP IT PRIVATE. I SUGGEST YOU ASK FONG. BUT I ASSURE YOU, THE STORY IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE YOU ARE POSTING, WHICH WILL IN TURN BE TREATED AS GOSPEL BY SOME OF THOSE WHO READ IT.

RANDY REFUSES TO ALLOW ANY CRCA STUDENT TO POST ANYTHING DEROGATORY REGARDING AUGUSTINE FONG, AS HE HAS NEVER SEEN ANY ATTACKS DIRECTED BY FONG PERSONALLY. BUT IF THE ANSWER IS TRULY IMPORTANT TO YOU, AND YOU REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT, WHY NOT VISIT RANDY? HE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU. OR FIND HO KAM MING AND ASK HIM DIRECTLY - IF YOU SPEAK CHINESE, THAT IS.

RANDY NEVER CLAIMS TO HAVE GOTTEN MORE FROM FONG THAN WHAT HE CHRONICLED IN HIS 1989 BOOK SERIES. HIS NEW, SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED BOOK SERIES WILL IDENTIFY THE MANY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WHAT HE WAS DOING THEN, UNDER FONG'S GUIDANCE WHETHER YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT, AND WHAT HE DOES NOW.

btw:

Since you say the books are almost impossible to find, how is it that you think Randy makes so much money from them?

They were never meant to be a large-scale mass-produced book series.

All proceeds from Randy's book as well as all proceeds from his school in Singapore went to the Spastic Children's Association of Singapore.

If you'd like, Randy can provide you with thank you letters and receippts for over $40,000.00 in donations to that Cerebral Palsy charity from 1988-91.

Tap Man Out

Rolling_Hand
11-13-2002, 11:09 AM
All proceeds from Randy's book as well as all proceeds from his school in Singapore went to the Spastic Children's Association of Singapore.

If you'd like, Randy can provide you with thank you letters and receippts for over $40,000.00 in donations to that Cerebral Palsy charity from 1988-91.

Tap Man Out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANDY WILLIAMS is cool.

Tap Man
11-13-2002, 11:19 AM
All the donations were made in the name of "Fong's Wing Chun Singapore."