PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Fist and Sash techniques

Iron Wrist
11-11-2002, 08:26 AM
How ya doin. I would like to ask if anyone has learned any drunken techniques or forms. also are there any sash training or fighting forms? Tao;)

Waidan
11-13-2002, 02:30 PM
I learned a drunken set from my teacher last year, and it's a whole lot of fun. It's a demanding form, physically, and makes for a great workout. Do you have questions regarding drunken sets, or are you just wanting to know what's out there?

Iron Wrist
11-15-2002, 07:36 AM
i would like to know all you can tell me about the specific techniques. i.e. leg placment, form names, types of training, etc.
thanks. Tao;)

HuangKaiVun
11-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Leung Ting has a book and video by Chan Kwok Kai (I think that's his name).

The 8 Drunken Immortals set can be used as a fighting set if used PROPERLY.

For that reason, I don't agree with a lot of the applications presented in Leung Ting's media.

freedom76
11-19-2002, 12:00 PM
The video from Shi Guolin of drunken fist is pretty good. Some of the techniques are not for beginners. I would suggest have good ground work before attempting some of the moves. I also have the 8 Drunken Immortals from Choy Lay Fut video. I don't like this as much as a drunken form. It is a practical drunken form and it shows you some individual techniques, but is not as showey as the Shaolin version of Shi Guolin. That tape also breaks down a few techniques, but doesn't show direct application on a person, but some of that should be fairly apparent if you've trained for a while. The Shi Guolin tape also shows drunken staff at the end, which is a nice bonus. Definitely the higher quality of the two tapes (practioner and quality wise). If you can, find a good teacher rather than learning from videos.