PDA

View Full Version : Who watch Iron Chef...?

atsai
10-09-2001, 08:25 AM
I think it's more intense than NHB or WWF. Here're the matches i want to see...

one of iron chef vs. Martha stewart, Emeril lagasse, wolfgang puck, sakuraba or one of the Gracies...

btw, I think chen, iron chef chinese, can chop up any of them real good.

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

Lost_Disciple
10-09-2001, 08:49 AM
I like that show, but it's not like a normal cooking competition.
The Iron Chefs cook for the same people almost every time. The other chefs wouldn't have a chance; not because they're worse chefs, but because the playing field isn't level. The Iron Chefs already know the biases of the judges (and japanese culinary tastes).
Emeril would win if they had Iron Chef USA- for a full panel of American judges.
Wolfgang Puck might just be able to destroy anybody; anywhere... i think he's that good.

Anywayz, I can't believe I'm responding to this non-CMA related post hehehe.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

tnwingtsun
10-09-2001, 11:39 AM
>Wolfgang Puck might just be able to destroy anybody; anywhere... i think he's that good.<

I'd go head to head with the Puckstier.

I aint kidding.

I may loose,but not by much.

Budokan
10-09-2001, 03:47 PM
Iron Chef is a pretty good show even though they cook some extremely disgusting items sometimes--and some boring ones. I have to admit when I first heard about this I thought it was dumb, but I got hooked on it pretty quickly.

K. Mark Hoover

danny from miami
10-09-2001, 03:53 PM
im going to johnson & whales!!!

sean_stonehart
10-09-2001, 04:30 PM
I dig Iron Chef!! The little Puck guy I can do without. I just dont' like him. Emeril... eh, I have to be in a mood for him.

As far as having the table stacked, yeah kinda, but I have seen other people beat the Iron Chefs including one guy from San Francisco. Bobby Flay I don't consider a chef so I feel I could've done as well against Morimoto.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

origenx
10-09-2001, 04:31 PM
I've yet to see Iron Chef, but I've met many "ordinary" housecooks and chefs in China that could whip the sh*t out of hoti-doti 5-star chefs here in America! You know, the Yan can Cook-type guys (but even better). They are deadly fast and their food comes out simply awesome-tasting! Mmmmm!!!!

WongFeHung
10-09-2001, 06:58 PM
I want to see the old man from eat drink man woman, definately Emeril. BTW, I bought the entire Woolfgang Puck cookware, not sure I like it.Did anyone here ever see Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre?(24 videos long) there's a guy who looks like the host of Iron Chef, same hair, same red cape, I keep expecting him to whip out a pepper and bite it.BTW, if you get a chance, go to a Chinese video store and rent it. It is the story that Cult Master was taken from, and blows it away-even though Jet Li is better ant the choreography is more high tech, still worth your while.

Daniel Madar
10-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Hey,

1. A San Francisco chef won in the iron chef, in Lobster Confront.

2. Where can I get the Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre, and is it dubbed, or subbed?

Merciless is Mercy.

atsai
10-10-2001, 01:26 AM
I think the SF chef who won in the lobster cookoff is Ron Siegel (sp?); I don't remember his resturant (it's a hotel somewhere downtown).

Many challenging chef had trouble managing the one hr time limit while the iron chefs had been doing it for a long time and know how to please the palette of the judges--I think they won some 70% of the time.

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

TatewakiKuno
10-10-2001, 01:34 AM
for all you avid fans. Who caught the 2 eps with that **** bobby flay. God **** I hate that guy. He was such a whiney little *****. They let him win the second time just so that he would shut up and stop *****ing to the press.

Daniel Madar
10-10-2001, 01:37 AM
Ron Siegel,

Charles Nob Hill. It's a straight restaurant. It's at sacramento and taylor, I believe.

Merciless is Mercy.

Lost_Disciple
10-10-2001, 03:38 AM
Was Ron Seigel the guy who had the mayor of san fran or the governor of cali up there talkin him up? I remember that one.

I don't like Bobby Flay much either; but the week before they started showin that one, they showed the judges reaming some French Canadian. They were telling him he didn't know how to make mashed potatoes. Last I heard, mashed potatoes was a dish much more indiginous to Canada than to Japan; So I was kinda happy when Flay won the second time. The competitions are pretty biased to begin with and I agree that some of the victories on there may not be earned. I try not to take it too seriously, used to just be a fun thing to do, hangin with my roommate on Friday or Saturday.

So I take it Wolfgang Puck isn't as good as advertised? Doesn't he cook for the Oscars and all that? If he's not that good, why do so many hollywood people talk about him like he's the Cooking God?

As far as emeril goes, entertaining or not, another one of my roommates used to follow his recipes, close as possible, about once a month and that was some of the best food I've ever eaten. Of all the chefs I listed, I don't consider emeril "hoti-doti" or whatever. I don't even think he's all that well respected by those chef schools and culinary organizations. He just cooks food that a lot of american people seem to like, and he's pretty picky about his ingredients.

Thinking about taking some cooking classes someday.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

atsai
10-10-2001, 04:03 AM
And New Orlean chef rules. Too bad I didn't patronize his resturant when I was living in Orleans, now he's god**** famous...

Here in socal, it's hard not to see one of wolfgang puck's resturants driving down the streets.

Daniel Madar
10-10-2001, 05:27 AM
SF is such a wannabe town that willie brown will turn out for anything that even vaguely resembles publicity.

I've eaten in one of puck's many restaurants, and found it to be a pleasant experience. But with so many restaurants, how do you make sure they are all good?

When I hit the lottery, I'll head to charles nob hill.

Merciless is Mercy.

WongFeHung
10-10-2001, 06:49 PM
Heaven Sword Dragon Saber is not dubbed or subtitled, and worse,(or better) the dialogue is in classic cantonese, which is different than what is spoken on the streets of Chinatown, it's more like the Shakesperean version,very formal, so I can't make jack from it and need a translator.I am currwently looking for it on DVD.
Bobby Flay is the Regis Philbin of cooking, too hyper,never really letting anyone finish a sentance before interrupting them. Plus, in Iron Chef, he stood on the counter, which to anyone-not just Asians, is in very poor taste. Frankly, I was embarrassed. I love the lady judge who, before she was a famous food critic, was a psychic. I tried to duplicate some of the recipes, but where do I get hermaphrodite salmon? I'm waiting for them to reveal a giant squid, or better yet, Long Pig.

Universal Stance
10-10-2001, 07:07 PM
I think Morimoto would slice and dice all of them as he dishes out his Japanese-American style cuttery techniques. :D

"**** it's cold out here to be practicing."